Growing number of political threads in off topic

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I am concerned about the growing number of threads that I would consider political in nature that are occurring in Off Topic. If you read the rules, these topics are expressly forbidden.

I come to AAC because of the light hearted nature of the forum. If I want to be depressed by politics then there are other forums where I can go. Please keep any politics out of AAC and Off Topic.

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I just read the TOS page and the user agreement page. I couldn't find that. But my eyes aren't what they used to be.
Can you show me where that is?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't like or post in the Threads about ISIL or the Mid-East because I am mostly incompetent in politics, but I like dancing with people who can beat me at Scrabble. Some of those dances come close to the line called, "politics". I trust the Moderators to control this site. They have shown both wisdom and integrity over the years.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
We are here because we like to talk about stuff. Lively conversation are great. Sometimes lively conversation go south and should be stopped, thanks to calmer minds, the moderators.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Then create a subforum for politics. I am really getting a bit tired of seeing the same couple of depressing threads popping up over and over again.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We try to walk a fine line as moderators.

We have several members who contribute, but also seem to delight in trolling the moderators and each other. It has taken several years to get to this point, and it is not good.

We could just crack down and eliminate everything besides tech here, but that would be worse IMO. So we grow the mod staff and deal with it as best we can.

There is going to be an effort by all the staff to clean up the worst of it though.