ground

aimaldaudkhan

Joined Jan 25, 2013
hy plz i wanna know dat what is ground in circuits and also in practicle works becaous my concept is not develop on ground plz explain in simple words i shall be highly thankfull to all of yo

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Ground in most DC circuits is connected to the (-) side of the battery. It is often 0 volts, so that a voltage measured as 5 volts above ground is simply +5v. If your ground was 2 volts, a voltage measured as 5 volts above ground is +7v. Usually you should just assume ground is 0 volts, unless otherwise specified.

You are lucky you have gotten replies at all, aimaldaudkhan. Most people do not respond to posts like this. It is sloppy and difficult to read, and normally I would have just ignored it. SMS speak (text speak) is not usually tolerated by the members here, especially me. Next time please speak in full, English sentences.

Regards,
Matt

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
If a person has a question...dont they deserve an answer?
Well there are things like good manners etc. If someone doesn´t show a bit of effort to at least make his post legible, then I don´t think he deserves my effort to reply.
If you want someone else to do something for you, you should try your best to do as much as you can before involving other people to help you, and not just blabber an incoherent pile of letters and expect someome to care.
Also for a question to be a question, you need at least a capital letter in the beginning and a question mark in the end.

Biff383

Joined Jun 6, 2012
This may be true...However I live in Byron Center MI, I have very little education besides what I'e learned on sites like this. And I tend to be sucessful in most of my endeavors.
I have no way of knowing if this person is using a voice product, or if he simply doesnt know english.
53 years of people that don't know what they are doing makes me try to help if I can.
Sometimes I'm wrong so take it for what it's worth.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Biff, please don't misunderstand me. I am not trying to be mean or rude. I am not that type of person. You're right--if someone has a question, it is my pleasure to try to answer it for them. However, text speak is very difficult to read, especially for some old-timers (;)) And often shows lack of interest in trying to learn. Usually if I see text speak in a forum post, it goes along with the attitude like "I demand answers and you guys are required to answer them for me, and i'm not going to waste my time here typing out full sentences". That is the attitude I dislike.

I have run into the language barrier many, many times. I have friends and acquaintances from all over the world. I know how their speech and writing is different, and I can assure you none of them use SMS speak. People who speak another language are often troubled over how to put words together, not over how to spell an individual word. If you experienced it as often as I do, you would see the same thing.

Best wishes,
Matt

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Exactly, there is a big difference between "trying to put a sentence together" and "not even trying to put a sentence together", and more often than not it is obvious which case is which.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I get the feeling the OP is doing his best, and the grammer police should chill the feak out. There is a discussion in the off topic forum about how we are here to help even those who has trouble with english. If that's the policy, it's good enough from me.

Biff383

Joined Jun 6, 2012
I would have stopped with "k" but the forum needed more letters. For the last few years I have been lurking about this place and have learned much. I appreciate all the work everyone here has put into the site, and I will continue to lurk.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I get the feeling the OP is doing his best, and the grammer police should chill the feak out. There is a discussion in the off topic forum about how we are here to help even those who has trouble with english. If that's the policy, it's good enough from me.
Perhaps you should re-read posts #13 and #14. It is clear that he is not trying to put actual words together. If he would just take the time to write out full, legible sentences, I can deal with any language barrier beyond that. Our point is that the OP wasn't even trying to type full words. That is what is annoying me.