Great place for drill bits!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I just wanted to put in a plug for a local place that sells electronic components. Their selection is pretty poor when it comes to components. Maybe a few steps above Radio Shack. The company goes way back to the stone age days when I was in tech school. They used to sell to my school big time. Now they are just a faint image of what they once were.

Normally I take the 30 mile drive and go visit. I would love it if there was a campsite down that way because it is a great bicycle ride with a path most of the way (a little further by the path).

One of the things I buy there is drill bits. They have a nice product at a great price.

Anyway I decieded to order online instead of making the drive. I have not been feeling well, the weather is lousy and the store front is only open one or two days a week for a few hours a day.

I ordered late Monday night and just got the package today (Thursday). That is pretty darn good service. Free shipping too.

Normally I don't like putting in plugs for companies but when a small company does good they deserve mention.

Their website is:
http://www.hosfelt.com/

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Nice tip. I'm in need of PC drill bits too. We're planning a road trip next summer.
Might be an interesting place to visit. Is there a large mall nearby for shoe-shopping ?? :D

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Steubenville mall I guess. They also have Fort Steuben which is worth seeing (no shoes just a historical site). But Pittsburgh is only about an hours drive away too.

Though I have to wonder why someone named "tubeguy" would be interested in shoe shopping. :) Not that there is anything wrong with that. :)

if you want to stop by Hosfelt be sure to call. I do not remember the day they are open.

Steubenville is a wonderful little town but it really has seen better days. The downtown area has been pretty decimated. While not crime ridden, it is probably safest to stay off the streets at night.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Well.. It's like this....

My 'Navigator' won't accompany me unless she has some motivation...:cool:
(I used to think my pleasant company was enough)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I just wanted to put in a plug for a local place that sells electronic components. Their selection is pretty poor when it comes to components. Maybe a few steps above Radio Shack. The company goes way back to the stone age days when I was in tech school. They used to sell to my school big time. Now they are just a faint image of what they once were.

Normally I take the 30 mile drive and go visit. I would love it if there was a campsite down that way because it is a great bicycle ride with a path most of the way (a little further by the path).

One of the things I buy there is drill bits. They have a nice product at a great price.

Anyway I decieded to order online instead of making the drive. I have not been feeling well, the weather is lousy and the store front is only open one or two days a week for a few hours a day.

I ordered late Monday night and just got the package today (Thursday). That is pretty darn good service. Free shipping too.

Normally I don't like putting in plugs for companies but when a small company does good they deserve mention.

Their website is:
http://www.hosfelt.com/
These guys are terrific for special needs. We used to buy ultra cheap surplus wall warts for network starter kits.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
These guys are terrific for special needs. We used to buy ultra cheap surplus wall warts for network starter kits.
You should see the store. Sort of a indoor flea market run amuck. I always like going in to see what junk he might have in the bins.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
BTW it is just him and his sweetie that run the place. I guess that is why they are not open often.

The owner is a big boy. :) Both are two of the nicest people you would want to meet.