Great Engineers...

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Whenever I have an Idea, I usually think deeply on it until I have thoroughly visualized it... then I might do a sketch or two on grid sheet (yes, I still use those) and then I start modeling directly into AutoCAD or ExpressPCB and I start writing code in whatever language is appropriate, using no previous flow chart... although I do cram lots of comments in the code
Ditto.

I usually know exactly how its going to turn out before I start.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
A 40 year old nuke design? Why not ask your enemy at the time, they probably have the documentation that they stole from you. :)

Conversation goes like this ... I know you stole it from us. Now that we are friends, can you share it with us?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
The world needs "hands on" guys to implement what the dreamers dream. Guys like you and me
I get that, but I'm a dreamer too. I just like implementing my own dreams. Designing something and then letting someone else build it, feels like marrying a woman and then letting someone else screw her. It seems the world has made two boxes for us; the brains and the braun, and the world doesn't take kindly to people trying to live in two boxes at once.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I've spent months (edit: sometimes years) developing ideas that, when complete, could be scribbled on one side of a cocktail napkin.
Ditto. There is nothing more satisfying than clearing away chaos and confusion with a simple equation, or model or whatever. Until you can write it on a napkin and explain it to a girl in a noisy bar, you don't really "know" it yet.

Oh, and I think this is a good time to offer this:

Attachments

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Ditto. There is nothing more satisfying than clearing away chaos and confusion with a simple equation, or model or whatever. Until you can write it on a napkin and explain it to a girl in a noisy bar, you don't really "know" it yet.

Oh, and I think this is a good time to offer this:
Can't read it either... maybe our computers are not as good interpreters as some girls in a noisy bar ... :)

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I could open it in okular and saved a copy.
I will attach it in the hope others can read it.

Bertus

Removed PDF

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I tried to extract the pages as images for you guys, and I get this:

Code:
pdfimages -j Engineers\ make\ good\ husbands.PDF image
Syntax Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Syntax Error: Couldn't read xref table