GPS module/SIM module/or named something else

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by jeka616, Dec 23, 2010.

1. jeka616

Thread Starter Active Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Good day all.

First, let wish everybody Merry Christmas and New year! All the best.

Been a while since my last login here. I'm looking for device, which will have SIM (phone card) installed, and will call a number once "activation" signal is received.

I'm currently using a mobile phone, with 2 wires soldered to any button , and have assigned "speed dial" to this button. So when relay is activated, phone calls a number.

However, I've heard that there is a complete module, where you can have multiple input signals and 3-4 activation numbers.

Will appreciate if anyone can direct me to manufacturer/seller.

2. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Are you a mad bomber? What would be the purpose of this?

3. jeka616

Jan 14, 2009
    Wrong perception...if you think a bit deep into it, I need a reverse action.

I'm looking for a decice , which will call the number on the activation of relay (in this instance, PIR motion detector), not the phone call controlling any relay (which could be taken as remote control of some sort of device)

regards,

J

4. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Alarm systems with cellular dial ability are available, is this what you are seeking?

5. jeka616

Jan 14, 2009
    Yes,

That will help too. Hope they are not too complex, to separate the "cellular" part from rest.

I'd prefer to build my own circuit, and plug in the "cellular" part.

I'll appreciate if you can send me any link to product/brand name

6. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    Alarm companies use Cell Modems. Some older Cell phones with serial ports can be integrated with microcontrollers using AT commands for a DIY cell modem.

7. jeka616

Jan 14, 2009
    Appreciate.

Will try to do seach on Cell Modems (hpe that is the right wording), will see what comes out.