Got any nice project boxes?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I'm working my way thru a new test fixture. Traditionally, these have been ugly metal boxes in every place I've worked and I just hate that. Whenever possible I use nice plastic enclosures such as this one from PacTec:

It has external dimensions of 8.1 x 10.1 x 2.1 in and the recess makes a nice place to hold a custom label I can make on a printer and overcoat with a clear plastic Contac self-adhearing sheet. Always makes a nice presentation with switches marked, company logo, job number, the works.

My latest project needs something perhaps twice the size and I'm lost finding sources.

Got source?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
OKW is an awesome source, I was not aware of them.

As far as the others, I was never good at "searching" these things, it's one of the reasons I sorely miss printed catalogs.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The Hammonds have a neat size and slope. I can work around the recess as the only switch on this is the ON button, the rest pops up on a graphic touchscreen.

The metal will need some work as each unit under test sits in a bed of nails that cannot touch the panel, but I could do a secondary plastic panel over each position.

And I do so like the walnut. Very 70's but I still likey, This is going to rate a re-paint of the panel.