Good Tidings to all.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by R!f@@, Jul 19, 2012.

1. R!f@@

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    Let's not go beyond what is not necessary.

It's the month of Ramazan to us. And as most of u know to us it's a Month dedicated praying to our Almighty.

Any and every prayer prayed on this month is granted one way or the other.

I like to tell u, that My prayer goes to all of my friends here in AAC.

May God make days of you and your family be filled with joy and happiness.
    And may He give u comfort & strength to go through the sadness and sorrow tht comes with it.

Regards to all

Rifaa

1chance, debe, DerStrom8 and 2 others like this.
  2. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    In a waiting room today I was watching news with no sound. They were talking about the maldives. They interviewed the recently ousted former president, and mentioned his meeting under the sea. The headline was "Water and Violence Threaten the Maldives"; I couldn't make out exactly what was going on because I couldn't hear anything, but it seemed almost that they were saying the Maldives is sinking into the ocean. Is that the case? They showed thousands marching in the streets. My heart goes out to you and your family; whatever is going on, it looks very stressful.

3. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    That's a nice thought, R!f@@. Thanks and the same to you. :)

4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Thank you Rifaa. May all of your wishes come true.

5. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks Rifaa.

@Strantor, not so much sinking as being submerged by rising sea levels. Another example is Tuvalu, which I studied in Geography last year. If I remember correctly, an increase of 20cm will make the island uninhabitable. There are some very good, if slightly old, BBC news reports online, if you're interested in reading more.

maxpower097 likes this.
  6. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Thank you R!f@@. That is very kind of you, and I wish you the very best as well. And since you've voiced your position, I don't think it will cause harm for me to say may the Almighty be with you and your family as well. :)

Kind wishes,
    Matt

R!f@@ likes this.
  7. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    Indeed it won't Matt.

8. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Yes this is true. Ive been reading about it for years now. Only becomes a hot topic once a year in summer when GW is a topic. The estimate they have 50-100 years left before its gone and the gov. is currently buying land in Greenland and or Iceland. Gonna quite a climate shock when it happens.

And for the record I posted this over a year ago and was told I was wrong by numerous people. Vindication is nice, but sorry your countries sinking. :(

9. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Infact it is sinking. Your correct in your statements but altitude is measured by sealevel. If the sealevel rises then its now a new base level. So if you live 33ft about sealevel now in 20 years you'lll live 32ft above sealevel.

Sparky49 likes this.
  10. R!f@@

Apr 2, 2009
    I don't think sinking is the issue now.

We have a Coup government now.
    Nasheed was elected by a democratic vote and the people voted for him.
    Maumoon cannot still comprehend the fact tht he lost. So he and his junkies over threw the government on 7th February

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    strantor and Sparky49 like this.
  11. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Stay safe.

12. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Stay armed and vigilant, have a back door escape plan ready and a meeting location for your family if they are broken up. If you need sponsorship or anything we can do for you in the US just let us know.

R!f@@ likes this.