Good place to buy fuses?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by trader007, Jan 18, 2013.

1. trader007

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Im wondering if there is a specialty site where you can buy different types of mico fuses- something that makes it easy to get something that not only has the same characteristics it must also look the same as oem.

i know about digikey and mouser, but i often have manufacturer part numbers and it takes time to make sure whatever mouser or digikey has will be cross compatible.

if those are the best site to buy from, does a cross compatible list exist?

for example, in a betacam machine i have a blown 1.25a/125v fast acting fuse, according to sony. Part number 1532-777-21 and described as TMD fast acting.

sony wants $16 for it, and i can get it elsewhere for $14... just think there has to be a better solution... thanks for the help in advance.

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Digikey/Mouser/Newark

BUT you WON'T find a master cross ref. from an OEM "internal part numbers" to actual manufacturer part numbers.. And as a manufacturer we DON'T want to make it easy.. We want you to buy the fuse from us at a marked up replacement price..

There is no "Easy" button for the "cheap".. thank god

Only took me a second to find this.. And would only take me a few seconds to find the part to purchase on Digikey or other sites..
    http://www.walterfuse.com/p_list.php?id=TMD&code=5

3. trader007

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    pretty much what i figured. it gets even better when the high priced parts arent even available.

thanks for your help though.

edit- thats not the part, not even close. i have been searching on digikey, but its at the point where my lost time is more costly then just buying the oem part.

4. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    When you say micro fuse do you mean the circular cannister style fuse with two wires that plugs into a socket? I think fuses are overated, no pun intended, and you can get ripped of at times and $16.00 for a "fuse" is ridiculous!

How about a picture of the fuse?

You can buy a T1.25A fuse for pence!