Good First Oscilloscope

Skyler

Joined Jun 26, 2013
I am 14 and I like to work with electronic circuits all the time. I keep having the need for an oscilloscope, but don't have one because I have always thought they were a waste of money, and I don't have a lot of money so I never got one. I want an old CRT based one and I am wondering where to get one / if anybody has any links. My limit is 140 dollars MAX. Are there any good ones on eBay?

Is this one good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-2...92483?pt=BI_Oscilloscopes&hash=item2ec8d363e3

Last edited:

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
Tektronix makes good, reliable scopes, so I would say that it will do what it was designed to do. The seller did state that if anything is not in the pictures, then it is not included; so you will need to buy some probes for the scope. The manual is a bonus since it will tell you how to check the accuracy of the scope. The shipping charge does seem to be a little high, but then I haven't shipped a heavy item for some time.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You should be able to pick up a working CRT scope for $25.
Check out your local school, college or university. They may be getting rid of some old scopes.

You have to factor in the price of a pair of probes. New ones are not cheap.

I would expect to pay $50 to $75 for a good working Tektronix 2313 with two probes.