Gone fracking!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Daughter is no better. She speaks two languages, Turkish and English, so most of the time she does a half and half randomized mix so nothing makes sense in either language which she seems to not notice the problem at all. :confused:
LOL! I do that myself!

I work with my nephew a lot. Best funny day was when we were in a Thai restaurant that I kept in repair. He was asking me questions in German, I was answering in Spanish, and the Thai people thought the only other available language was French. :confused:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Hey now mines my #1 motivator for me to go to work out in the field for 14 - 15 days at a time! :rolleyes:

It's amazing how being around 20+ guys and huge industrial equipment can still seem quieter and more peaceful at times.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Daughter is no better. She speaks two languages, Turkish and English, so most of the time she does a half and half randomized mix so nothing makes sense in either language which she seems to not notice the problem at all. :confused:
This is one thing that has amazed me about our daughter (technically my step-daughter). She speaks English and Chinese (though now she is pretty much English-only, which is about to get shaken up enormously in a week when she goes back to Taiwan to live for the next two years!), but even at the age of three, she never mixed the two languages, even if she only knew the word for something in the other language. As a result she was actually a decent interpreter between her grandmother and me, despite having only the very limited vocabulary of a three year old.

We are sending her to live with her grandmother for the next two years primarily so that she get the Chinese language (written and spoken) emersion. I have very mixed feelings about it (I don't want to miss out on the next two years of her life as she goes from being six and a half to being eight and a half), but it is a wonderful opportunity for her. And it will give her mom and I an opportunity to get this new business up and running, as well, though that wasn't even a consideration when we decided to send her back more than a year ago.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
This thread was about fracking?
What part of point and counter-point concerning fracking isn't about fracking? I pointed to a source that whoever had access could read ... or not read.

Fracking is a topic that is highly charged issue these days.

rockm

Joined May 28, 2014
I started working at a plant that makes the "proppant" ,,, the chemical that is added to the water to carry sand or glass beads into the formation, to open up a path for the oil /gas to get to the well. The chemical we make ... you can eat! It is made from guar bean, which we get from India/Pakistan.

Too bad, local farmers grow the beans... but the local facility that takes the beans from the farmers went bust!! They are bankrupt, and the farmers did not get paid for their crops. It is hard to be a farmer.

Meanwhile, we get the beans from half way round the world.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
We travel around the Bakken to different sites but the main office I work at is in Minot ND.

We are hiring for all positions including two more E-techs along with truck drivers and every other position as well. :) We need more people so if you have a clean driving record and can pass a drug test along with having a good work ethic by all means check us out!

We will train anyone for any operators or truck driving positions as well so it's a great way to get a CDL while getting paid to learn to drive!

The E tech positions do require a good working knowledge of circuitry, reading schematics and above all fair computer and network skills of which I do not deny I am weaker than I would like to be in that area being my industrial maintenance skill set is more towards the old stand alone systems so this stuff is all very new to me. :(

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Caught the last half of Fracknation on a movie channel.

It's worth an unbiased look!
Can't say more without being political.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
This thread got a reboot, after the OP's request. A multitude of posts where deleted, since they were giving the thread a turn for the hostile.

Please try to keep it friendly this time, or at least formally polite.