Going to the store again..

cheddy

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Hi. I bought some books to teach myself Electronics. "Starting Electronics" by Keith Brindley is one of them.

I am learning very quickly and enjoy the process but I keep having to go back to the store to buy components! Fry's is 45 minutes away and it's not very fun if I have 4 hours to tinker and I have to spend 1.5 of them in traffic and 1 of them looking for components so I can experiment for a little while before I have to stop again and go buy more components.

I got the bright idea finally to flip through the entire book and make a list of all the components mentioned and go out and buy them individually. So here I am about to make my 3rd trek to the store in less than a week to HOPE that they have everything I need in stock.

There has to be an easier way? No?

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Yup. And even though you might need to go shopping again. Buying all componests asked by the book is not a bad idea. If you don't have one, buy a breadboard (about $5). Two are handy for big projects. Jumper wires are also handy.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It's a lot easier to accumulate components if you don't have a spousal unit or munchkins around.

You might consider stopping by Radio Shack and picking up the "Learning Lab" they're offerring at $65. Lots of projects to experiment with, and everything's included except for the batteries. It's a really nice kit. Comes with a couple of learning lab notebooks written by Forrest Mims III - he makes it fun.

In the meantime, you could always move closer to Fry's...