God created this world for fun?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I like my theory,on any given time If two or more people don't cross
paths,there would less violence.There no good reason for violence,
how wide is your path.There are people that ask you about your path.
They are very good at asking questions about how wide,how long your
path Is and which direction you are going.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I am not so sure it is solely the path or the person walking the path that causes the violence. Rather the baggage that he carries with him along the path (feelings, opinions, ideology), that bumps into others' baggage that begins the violence.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I think its deeper than ideologies, etc. I think it's at the core. animal nature. We are born with violence in our capacity. we (most of us) are trained at an early age to avoid violence. pacifism is learned, not violence. violence is nature, not pacifism. We just use the ideologies as an excuse to go against our learned pacifism. I think loosie is right; if we all just avoided eachother then we could avoid violence. But that is just as impossible as living in wonka land, drinking chocolate water and frolicking peacefully in fields together. World peace will never happen (as long as humans are around).

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Most people are friendly, or baring that, not violent, just trying to get by. I've always maintained it is 2% that are troublemakers in any group (Islamics, Police, Christians, whatever), the rest of us are just defending ourselves.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I think its deeper than ideologies, etc. I think it's at the core. animal nature. We are born with violence in our capacity. we (most of us) are trained at an early age to avoid violence.
agreed that we are born with a capacity for violence but only after the peace and tranquility has evaporated when the teat runs dry and a competition for survival takes hold will it manifest.
I believe as Bill that most are friendly with a desire to survive and provide sustenance for loved ones.
We are mammals, not reptiles.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I think belivers are more dangerous If they spend too much time
being taught a bout the Inner circles of any faith or belief.
Thats where hate Is born,us against them Ideologies.

ross

Joined Jul 30, 2010
You cannot have something without nothing,you cant have ying without yang,darkness means nothing without light,its just relative. There is no god in fact it is a ridiculous concept, some people just cant except the fact that life is essentially meaningless.Do bacteria have a god? If not why not? See how ridiculous it is?

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Bacteria have never thought about other things...

Transistor radios
Black holes
Genetic Modification
Cloning
The atom

As far as I'm aware, most of these things do exist...

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
There is no god in fact it is a ridiculous concept, some people just cant except the fact that life is essentially meaningless.Do bacteria have a god? If not why not? See how ridiculous it is?
Careful now, Ross. You're apt to get this thread locked if you're not more respectful.

Just because we do not know what purpose our life has does not mean it is completely meaningless. And to answer your question about bacteria, yes, I believe everything has (not a god, but God (capital G)).

May I ask for your logic in this part?

Do bacteria have a god? If not why not? See how ridiculous it is?
That statement alone makes absolutely no sense. It does nothing to prove your point. Please explain yourself, RESPECTFULLY.
Thanks.
Der Strom

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Ross.Don't get a good thread locked,I hope the Moderator
uses his snips instead of a lock. Change your course for the
sake of the post. You are new ,learn the rules.

youngani

Joined Aug 23, 2011
One of the things I have learned is that there are things I will never know. One of them is whether some God creature created our universe or maybe it just popped out of a defect in another universe. Some Doctor Who was playing with his time machine and created a leak in his universe? I can't even understand women. Who am I to think I can figure out the whole universe?

From an intergalactic point of view, we are just a layer of scum on a wet planet. (I hope nobody feels a need to Clorox the place!) All I can do is refrain from arguing with people that want to believe humans are important, like "the center of the universe" or "Gods chosen ones". I don't think I'm all that important. Others are free to have their beliefs.

When I dabble in science, it works. When I try to dabble in, "Who made the universe", it doesn't work.
That is so true that I just have to quote and sign your words. It is just the way you pointed it out - some things we will never know and though I am a very rational and logical person I can't just make up how the world was created - how the universe just appeared out of thin air, nothingness as some people like to express it. I am neither sure if I believe in some'One' creating this universe and all the people on it or if the Big Bang Theory is right rudimentally... but something had happened and it kind of bugs me that we do not find proper answers to that question for I would love to know everything about our planet's existence.