Go away for a few months and look what happens!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by spinnaker, Jun 8, 2015.

1. spinnaker

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    So I go away for a few months and look what happens! The new website is horrendous! PLEASE, PLEASE stop trying to "improve" things. My eyes are hurting me so I need to sign off now.

DerStrom8 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I seem able to adapt to the changes well enough, but I lack any concept of why this site keeps needing, "improvements". The answer for me seems to be, "I am ignorant.", probably blissfully ignorant. :D

So, whomever is in charge, I assume you have reasons.
    For spinnaker, I suggest you look at recent threads in, "Off Topic" to find out how to change it back to blue and opt out of some of the new, "improvements" as I did. I expect your bliss will heal, much as mine did. :)

DerStrom8, cmartinez and JohnInTX like this.
  3. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    Yeah, LOTS of issues here. Do read all those threads and then
    1) Log in to the new site
    2) Find 'User Panel->Preferences' and select 'Fluid'.
    3) Don't log out when you exit
    4) Make http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/ your bookmark to AAC.
    Jumps over Arduino in a single bound! Welcome to the blue room.

For some reason, I love that. Welcome back.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    PackratKing likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Thank you. I don't intend to be a major force on this site, but I do get a laugh occasionally by lurking. ;)

JohnInTX likes this.
  5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Bill will be glad to hear that this section has been named after him.

DerStrom8 and JohnInTX like this.
  6. JohnInTX

Jun 26, 2012
    You underestimate yourself. Hope your back is better.

7. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    I was never good at lurking. Pillaging and running amok are more my strong points. :D

That and poking at things with a pointy stick.:p

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    My back is so better that I have to think about it to locate any pain...except for sitting in chairs. There is a limit for that.
    I have been walking my "regular" night mile for several weeks and found that my insurance covers a gym membership, which I just came home from. I can do lots of exercises there that do not add any load to my back and I can get on a treadmill in order to challenge my heart rate much better than simply walking. I intend to get back some of the muscle mass I lost in the down time (of several months).

I also got smarter. This morning, I took out a grapefruit tree by waving a hundred dollar bill at the lawn guy. It was done before noon and I never broke a sweat. ;)

9. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Now that is exercising the wisdom of age. Well done.

#12 likes this.
  10. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    The orange color and the new format are the least of the issues; it's the new rulers that are the problem. "The king has no clothes" syndrome is the order of the day; threads will be deleted for any disclosure of nakedness. Welcome back to what used to be AAC.

11. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I tend to challenge things as well. I just don't enjoy it like you seem to.:)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  12. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    It hasn't made me laugh yet. I take it much too seriously for my own good. I am glad you are doing well.

#12 likes this.
  13. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    You have always been able to answer my stupid uC questions without making me feel stupid. Thanks.

JohnInTX likes this.
  14. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I had no idea that we shared some opinions about marketing. That is the only good thing that I have gotten from the AAC "improvements." Thanks.

15. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I don't think I ever mentioned that I have had a ham license for 45 years, but I am not active now. The range of your knowledge has always impressed me. 73.

16. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    I just like to see reasonable consistency is all. I was never good with the unwritten unspoken rules concepts.

When something shouldn't be done I like to see consistent defined rational explanations as to why. If stated as such I rarely have problems following rules. When the enforcement is highly erratic and the explanations behind them are easily viewable as being irrational and or poorly justified I tend to instinctively want to question them that much more. :D

17. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    tracecom, you know you can multi-quote, right? No need to write a new post for every post you quote :D

Simply click the "+ Quote" buttons for each post you want to quote:

2015-06-09 11_34_43-Go away for a few months and look what happens! _ All About Circuits.png

Then in the reply window click "Insert Quotes...":

2015-06-09 11_37_14-Demodulator IC substitute _ All About Circuits.png

Dr.killjoy likes this.