Go away for a few months and look what happens!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
So I go away for a few months and look what happens! The new website is horrendous! PLEASE, PLEASE stop trying to "improve" things. My eyes are hurting me so I need to sign off now.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I seem able to adapt to the changes well enough, but I lack any concept of why this site keeps needing, "improvements". The answer for me seems to be, "I am ignorant.", probably blissfully ignorant. :D

So, whomever is in charge, I assume you have reasons.
For spinnaker, I suggest you look at recent threads in, "Off Topic" to find out how to change it back to blue and opt out of some of the new, "improvements" as I did. I expect your bliss will heal, much as mine did. :)

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
Yeah, LOTS of issues here. Do read all those threads and then
1) Log in to the new site
2) Find 'User Panel->Preferences' and select 'Fluid'.
3) Don't log out when you exit
4) Make http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/ your bookmark to AAC.
Jumps over Arduino in a single bound! Welcome to the blue room.

I expect your bliss will heal, much as mine did.
For some reason, I love that. Welcome back.

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Thank you. I don't intend to be a major force on this site, but I do get a laugh occasionally by lurking.;)
I was never good at lurking. Pillaging and running amok are more my strong points. :D

That and poking at things with a pointy stick.:p

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You underestimate yourself. Hope your back is better.
My back is so better that I have to think about it to locate any pain...except for sitting in chairs. There is a limit for that.
I have been walking my "regular" night mile for several weeks and found that my insurance covers a gym membership, which I just came home from. I can do lots of exercises there that do not add any load to my back and I can get on a treadmill in order to challenge my heart rate much better than simply walking. I intend to get back some of the muscle mass I lost in the down time (of several months).

I also got smarter. This morning, I took out a grapefruit tree by waving a hundred dollar bill at the lawn guy. It was done before noon and I never broke a sweat. ;)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I also got smarter. This morning, I took out a grapefruit tree by waving a hundred dollar bill at the lawn guy. It was done before noon and I never broke a sweat. ;)
Now that is exercising the wisdom of age. Well done.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
So I go away for a few months and look what happens! The new website is horrendous! PLEASE, PLEASE stop trying to "improve" things. My eyes are hurting me so I need to sign off now.
The orange color and the new format are the least of the issues; it's the new rulers that are the problem. "The king has no clothes" syndrome is the order of the day; threads will be deleted for any disclosure of nakedness. Welcome back to what used to be AAC.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I tend to challenge things as well. I just don't enjoy it like you seem to.:)
I just like to see reasonable consistency is all. I was never good with the unwritten unspoken rules concepts.

When something shouldn't be done I like to see consistent defined rational explanations as to why. If stated as such I rarely have problems following rules. When the enforcement is highly erratic and the explanations behind them are easily viewable as being irrational and or poorly justified I tend to instinctively want to question them that much more. :D

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
tracecom, you know you can multi-quote, right? No need to write a new post for every post you quote :D

Simply click the "+ Quote" buttons for each post you want to quote:

2015-06-09 11_34_43-Go away for a few months and look what happens! _ All About Circuits.png

Then in the reply window click "Insert Quotes...":

2015-06-09 11_37_14-Demodulator IC substitute _ All About Circuits.png