Hey, so I need to get some capacitors for repairing a PSU, and I need:

330uf*** 35v*** 10mm
1200uf** 16v*** 10mm
3300uf** 10v*** 10mm
2200uf** 10v*** 10mm
1000uf** 25v*** 10mm
1000uf** 10v*** 8mm
120uf*** 50v*** 8mm

The problem is, some of these are somewhat rare from what I can see, and I don't know where to even look for them, or where would have better prices. Any help?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
digikey.com
mouser.com
elexp.com

And you dont have to stick with the same Voltage rating, you can go higher. That is just what they are capable of. Do if you cant find a 120uf 50v get a 12uf 80v all will still be good in the world.

I am guessing you are in the Americas, but you have forgot to put your location in your profile, so we have no idea where you are in this huge place we call earth.

MDM

Joined May 12, 2010
digikey.com
mouser.com
elexp.com

And you dont have to stick with the same Voltage rating, you can go higher. That is just what they are capable of. Do if you cant find a 120uf 50v get a 12uf 80v all will still be good in the world.

I am guessing you are in the Americas, but you have forgot to put your location in your profile, so we have no idea where you are in this huge place we call earth.
Thanks for the quick response and for the links, I'll check them out! Yeah, sorry about that, been stalking the forum for a little while, just finally got an account : D, I live in the US (Montana to be specific), and have now put that in my profile.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
ebay is always good for NOS sets. Many of the guys will make custom packages for you. May not be the best stuff in the world and a couple years old. But if its a repair and rare NOS might be worth looking into.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
When it comes to electrolytic caps, I suggest you do NOT want to use NOS parts, unless you have re-formed the dielectric.

ONLY buy from authorized large distributors, who have a high turnover of their stock.

Electrolytic capacitors sitting on a shelf are like eggs going rotten.

You can re-form older capacitors if you have the time, patience and equipment, but time most often = money.