Getting rid of Myway

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by Duane P Wetick, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Duane P Wetick

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Google Chrome somehow was hi-jacked by the Myway program; (re-direct arrow on icon). So whats a procedure for getting rid of this? I cannot un-install Google Chrome with this Myway re-direct attached.
    I fear some of the removal procedures posted on the Internet do not work as advertised...HELP!

ps; Vista is installed on this computer.

Cheers, DPW [ Everything has limitations...and I hate limitations.]

2. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I can't help you, but maybe you can help us. Can you post a snippet of what that re-direct looks like? My Chrome browser looks normal as of this writing.

John

3. Duane P Wetick

Thread Starter Active Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I guess the desktop icon does look normal, but when you click on it, the Myway stuff appears and at the right hand side it says; powered by Google.

Re; DPW

4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    That was my point. My browser doesn't look at all different. A snippet of what you see may help us all.

John

5. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    What have you tried so far?
    Have you:
    • Removed the MyWay software from Windows (Add/Remove Programs or Uninstall a Programs) ?
    • Removed all unrecognized add-ons and extensions?
    • Removed all search engines (temporarily)?
    • Reset your browser home page to "about:blank" (temp.)?
    • Blocked MyWay cookies?
    • Blocked MyWay web sites (under Security)?
    • COMPLETELY cleared your cache, history and cookies?
    • Restarted
    I saw several references online to removing this problem, but not all had all these steps. These are from memory, when I've had to remove similar malware from a client's system.

6. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    I am not experienced in all this but yesterday I eliminated the malware (virus?) "searchult" just by using Adwcleaner by Xplode. Win 7 laptop of a young neighbour who uses to click freely on anything that draws her attention.

7. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    Congratulations on getting rid of it. I haven't heard of that utility, but I'm not surprised. I use a combo of Crap Cleaner and Super Anti Spyware.

8. Robert McKay

Jan 26, 2016