Gerber files for PSU wanted

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015
Hi. I have searched the forums for the gerber files for the following Revision 7 diagram without success. Can someone please post a working link where I can download them. Many thanks to all.
Need Gerber.jpg

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015
Good Luck finding them.

Why can't you make ur own ?
Have tried in the past with simpler circuits using some freeware programmes but found it so difficult, they always turned out a mess. Gave up in frustration in the end. This circuit is much more involved than the ones I have tried to do. I think I remember reading in the forums the above gerbers were done and posted for download a long time ago but my searches for them now have failed.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You probably got the schematic from some website.
When that website does not provide a pcb drawing or gerber files, you are on your own.
You will have to do some more effort to create the pcb files yourself.

As you can see some parts are off board as they have circles in the schematic traces.

Bertus

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I tried, gave up.
Again tried, gave up.
Did not stop though...Now I can make professional looking PCB layouts.
I can make my own component packages too.

If you give up, you will never learn.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Try using just the PCB layout feature on a free board SW, I use Kicad and although I have never done it by bypassing the schematic, you may be able to lay it out manually and then produce the Gerber files.
Probabally a bit of a learning curve to that though.
Max.

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015
Try using just the PCB layout feature on a free board SW, I use Kicad and although I have never done it by bypassing the schematic, you may be able to lay it out manually and then produce the Gerber files.
Probabally a bit of a learning curve to that though.
Max.
Thanks Max, am downloading Kicad now and will try again.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
They are selling the same thing in different styles....o_O

This supply cannot be as advertised
At 24VAC input giving out 30V DC? ....A linear regulator working a just less than 4V differential...not good.
3A transformer supplying 3ADC via a bridge ? Using a bridge yields to 2.37A DC max. For a DC of 3A through a bridge/Cap should be at least 5 Amps from TX secondary for continued use without TX overheating.
At voltages close to 30V and even at 2A load that supply will fail to give good regulation

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015
It should be more like 0-25V, 0-2Amp Supply
Yes. There have been hundreds of discussions on this one in great detail in at least two other threads on All About Circuits. Over the years most of them have been lost, scattered or fragmented. There are a number of serious issues with these kits all of which have been fixed mainly by Audioguru and other members. The latest successfully working om (0-30v and increased to 5A) is rev 7 above. See attached summery. I have been following the threads since about August last year and have decided to build this one. (There are variations on other sites)

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Son of a Gun..!!
I was right. :D

And that's why I an building my own. My one has more components though. Uses LM723 for VI Regulation.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
That is child's play compared to what I am making.
Mine has two LM723. one for voltage and one for current regulation.
Plus a LCD VA meter, over temperature (heatsink) shut down, fault alarms and output on off features.

Here is PCB layout just for reference. I am planning to make the PCB from a China fabricator.

Attachments

Last edited:

Craps1956

Joined Aug 21, 2015
That is child's play compared to what I am making.
Mine has two LM723. one for voltage and one for current regulation.
Plus a LCD VA meter, over temperature (heatsink) shut down, fault alarms and output on off features.

Here is PCB layout just for reference. I am planning to make the PCB from a China fabricator.
Looks good. Would love to see the circuit. (Please post). If you need help with the manufacutre of the board I live around the corner from a company that makes professional boards but only from gerber files. I could pop around to them for you, there turnaround time is two to three days.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I am planning to post it in project section but I need to do tests on it and confirm the uC program shows the necessary resolution of voltage and current accurately.
As for gerber files, it's not easy since the DRC errors are there :oops: but the china guy said he can do it with just eagle .brd files. :p
In the mean time I am planning to use a CNC or home made PCB method to make a working proto and confirm the circuit results.
I got all the components. Just the PCB is not ready.
It's basic design concept is old and I got it from a magazine years back. I adopted it, simulated it and added the LCD meter and a PIC.
Everything is a leaning curve.
But if this things works out and passes the test, I can post it and if it does not I would need to change some minor things......I am still wondering to change it and build it or just build it and confirm my design works or not....o_O
The problem does not lie in the VI regulator it self but rather the VI measurement area as I am not using a separate V reference for the ADC's of the PIC. I think that would throw off the VI accuracy a bit but I am wondering if the theory I have might work. Like strict uC +5V regulation and on the dot 5.00V for Vdd might just work..or let the code adjust for the offset...!
So after building it I can work on it.

I know the VI Regulator works cause I have already made a SLA charger based on that and that project is still in use 24/7 from February. I have a thread here during the time I was making it. I need to find it and post the link if you are interested.