Georacers Kindle

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Heres your Proof of purchase. I can't play with it cause its in a sealed plastic bag. :) I did boot it which too about 45 seconds but it was a 1st boot. Then went to launguage select and I powered it down.

I'll bubblewrap it good and pack it tight and ship it out unboxed tomorrow. Now looking at the size it may be able to ship DVD flat rate which may save money. I'll get it out in the morn max $17.

Attachments

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Thats what I told em but he was set on the Kindle paperwhite. I like the fact it has a crazy like weeks battery life. Its actually pretty nice in hand. I planned on getting a nexus 7 but heard ASUS is coming out with one for $189 soon. You can get a nexus 7 new for $228 though.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
It's the Kindle that has an advertized 8 weeks of life with half an hour of use daily.

Like I said before, I picked it because of its long battery life and the e-ink screen, which is more tender with your eyes than regular LED screens.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Don't turn it on... Take it apart! ;)

That looks really cool Geo.

I hope you can give us a quick write up after you've used it for a while.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The only downside with e-books, specific to technical books, is that you can't make a bookmark with your finger on a page with a formula or graph and look up on it instantly while you are several pages further.

The only downside specific with the Kindle Paperwhite is that, I believe, uses areas of the screen where you touch to turn pages. 80% of the right of the screen goes to the next page and the rest at the left turn to the previous page. That means that you need two hands to go both forward and back. If swipes were supported you could do both gestures with your right thumb.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
If anyone from Amazon R&D is reading this...

A good idea for the next kindle would be tabs. Like you have for your webrowser. If you come across a page like Geo says, you can put it on a tab, and flick easily between the two.

Idea copyright by Sparky, 2013.

:D

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Copyrighted by_______________________ Have I read that before, am I teaching

the younger class something..protecting your speech....speaking of speech.....

the people that need to hear from me is coming back from there public paid

winter vacations.....the last thing I heard last year was( you called me a crook)

I didn't call you a crook...well the public is telling me I,m a crook after your

speech...well I would call that a good speech.....I think about Mr.Chips when

I talk about speech and try to do a better job, my own way...Loosewire

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
The only downside specific with the Kindle Paperwhite is that, I believe, uses areas of the screen where you touch to turn pages. 80% of the right of the screen goes to the next page and the rest at the left turn to the previous page. That means that you need two hands to go both forward and back. If swipes were supported you could do both gestures with your right thumb.
I was just reading the reviews and I think you got it mixed up with the previous kindle. Now you can use thumbs, fingers, or swype to turn pages. Since the screen is 2 x touch cap. Makes no sense for them to make 20% of the screen into buttons. It may work by tapping those areas, but swypes should now be detected along with taps. What I found nice is their reading the feedback and updating the software to disable adds, etc...