loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Its been a while,how are you doing,having my sunday morning coffee

thinking of the A.C.C. and all the good things that happen here. Wish

everyone the best,it would be nice to hear from some members,I have

been busy.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
If you look carefully, you 'll notice that I am around.

But, to be honest, I 'm not so active as in the past. I stopped answering in the Homework Help when I became a mod, and lately I only moderate based on reports. I blame the workload for that. The months around the exams periods are very intense.

I will admit, though, that I don't seek to reed every single thread as I once did. The initial excitement is gone, I hope not permanently. That doesn't mean, of course, that I don't enjoy my time here.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Geo if this is too political I'm sorry, theres info I want to know because we have such a huge user base but don't wanna violate the ToS. My question is what happens if Greece leaves the EU. Monitarily? Does it refer back to the old form of currency and how would its value be determined? I read about it all the time but don't really understand how it all works.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I strongly believe that nobody knows how the economy will evolve. If they knew, the "experiment" they were running the last 2-3 years would have shown results. On the contrary, regardless of the economic measures taken in an EU scale, the economy just worsens. It's a beast that cannot be tamed that easily, especially with old measures.

In case of exit from the Monetary Union, the local currency will be once again the "drachma", or "drachmee", as it is more closely pronounced. The value cannot be set yet. Basically, that is the whole point.
If we stay in the Monetary Union, we can receive help packages and participate in European-wide treaties.
On the other hand, if we leave, we can control the exchange rate of our own currency and thus facilitate the exporting business.

It's a decision no one wants to make so far, in fear of the political cost. Thus, we follow the British saying "no new, good news".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMH Off-Topic 3
loosewire Off-Topic 1
loosewire Off-Topic 27
bertus E-Book Developers Forum 2