Generic smartphone chargers

gloves10101

Joined Aug 18, 2013
Hello!

If I post here pictures of the inside of those generic cheap chargers, you can tell by looking at the pictures if it's a safe charger with all the safety "stuff" needed? for example surge protection or stuff like that? Because I heard that cheap chargers can damage your device, or yourself? :confused:
I can post a genuine galaxy s3 entrails picture if you want to compare as well :D

Good day!

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
If you post the pictures, you may or may not get a response.
If you can post the schematic, there are chances of a discussion, opinions.
The decision is still yours, but with more inputs.

Ramesh

gloves10101

Joined Aug 18, 2013
Ok, I updated, here is a picture of the inside of a genuine galaxy s3 charger, later I will open a generic charger to compare.

Last edited:

gloves10101

Joined Aug 18, 2013
I don't think it is appropriate for this forum to make a remote judgement of the safety of a device that can cause injury or death.
I guess you are right :D
but assuming this genuine galaxy s3 charger is safe, you can tell what everything does? I mean as an expert?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I see two high voltage capacitors (C1 and C2), inductor (L1), perhaps a fuse (F1), two low voltage capacitors (C21 and C22), a transformer (T1) and a USB connector. The voltage regulator could be on the other side of the PCB. There is an unidentifed component (possibly a transistor Q1) covered with white goo.

If you are concerned then stay away from a cheap generic charger.

Last edited: