Gear shift indicator

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by abhichotu_abhi, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhichotu_abhi

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Hi friends,
    I have searched this forum also but couldnot find the perfect match for my project
    I was googling all over for designing a gearshift 7 segmeny indicator but unale to find one.
    Now, I am an electronics student, and i have to design a project on Gear shift 7 segment indicator for a bike.My bike has 1-down and 4-up gear pattern.
    I want to design a 7 segment gear indicator. But i donot know from where to start, Which devices to use, whch circuit to use. Please guide me to make a simple circuit for my project.(I want to keep it as simple to assemble as possible).

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    The shift level is exposed to a lot of environmental wear and tear, plus the shaft into the transmission is very short (I'm assuming a motorcycle here). What device were you going to use to track the position of the shifter? I suspect all else becomes easy after the shifter can be tracked.

3. abhichotu_abhi

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 3, 2009

I was just thinking of using simple buttons. do you have any idea for me??PLZ

4. whatsthatsmell

Oct 9, 2009
  5. himeelshah

Jul 30, 2013
  6. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    The post previous to yours is more than 4 years old. The link is likely to have disappeared from the internet.
    However, the poster is still around and may find similar content.

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  8. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Doesn't this run afoul of the automotive guidelines?

9. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Yep.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.