Gear shift indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhichotu_abhi

Joined Dec 3, 2009
Hi friends,
I have searched this forum also but couldnot find the perfect match for my project
I was googling all over for designing a gearshift 7 segmeny indicator but unale to find one.
Now, I am an electronics student, and i have to design a project on Gear shift 7 segment indicator for a bike.My bike has 1-down and 4-up gear pattern.
I want to design a 7 segment gear indicator. But i donot know from where to start, Which devices to use, whch circuit to use. Please guide me to make a simple circuit for my project.(I want to keep it as simple to assemble as possible).

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The shift level is exposed to a lot of environmental wear and tear, plus the shaft into the transmission is very short (I'm assuming a motorcycle here). What device were you going to use to track the position of the shifter? I suspect all else becomes easy after the shifter can be tracked.

abhichotu_abhi

Joined Dec 3, 2009
The shift level is exposed to a lot of environmental wear and tear, plus the shaft into the transmission is very short (I'm assuming a motorcycle here). What device were you going to use to track the position of the shifter? I suspect all else becomes easy after the shifter can be tracked.

I was just thinking of using simple buttons. do you have any idea for me??PLZ

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The post previous to yours is more than 4 years old. The link is likely to have disappeared from the internet.
However, the poster is still around and may find similar content.

Status
Not open for further replies.