Gear Head Mouse by clicking on a list of characters it doubles the selection

omar7amdi

Joined Mar 30, 2016
Mice are plug and play devices, they do not need a driver. De-bouncing solution is done in the device side (hardware) or
in the operating system, windows 7 and windows 10.?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I admit complete ignorance on this topic, but it would make far more sense for the mouse to be a self-contained solution and not burden the system with cleaning up the input. Especially something as mundane as switch denouncing.

Every peripheral requires a driver, it's just a matter of who wrote it and whether it came supplied with the OS.

omar7amdi

Joined Mar 30, 2016
Thanks. Gear Head mic are similar to unbranded eBay sold mic . I did not find a particular driver. I bought five of them
and I found a common problem , debouncing.

benta

Joined Dec 7, 2015
USB peripherals provide "clean" signals, debouncing is done in the device. IIRC, the BIOS supplies basic mouse functionality, but noone uses this, as most mouse devices have some sort of special features (eg, scroll wheel or movement speed adjustment), so normally a driver is loaded.

omar7amdi

Joined Mar 30, 2016
Thanks Benta, Mouse click appears as double clicks. When I change the mouse for a different vendor, I do not see the problem under the same condition (PC usb port, Windows 10) .
I can't think the differential signal produces odd signal. I'm comparing a retractable cable mic ( where the cable is coiled around itself). I speculate, it's a debouncing problem in the mouse. The company that claimed as the maker refused to diagnose the problem.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Unsupported glitchy product. I hate when that happens.

They have your money. There's not much you can do except try to use a different driver, maybe an open source one you can modify yourself. If you can find other users, someone may have solved the problem.