ge application notes

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by kagolu, Nov 19, 2008.

1. kagolu

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Hello All,
    New to the forum.

Does anyone know where I can find old GE application notes? Specifically I'm looking for "Regulated Battery Chargers Using the Silicon Controlled Rectifier" D.R. Grafham, General Electric Company, Auburn , N.Y. Application Note 200.33. It was was foot noted in the GE SCR Manual 6th edition.
    I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Kagolu

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  3. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    It is often the case that the old application notes are not in open circulation. Depending on the production status of the design you could always approach GE's tech records department and ask if they could provide you a copy (restricted or otherwise).

Dave

4. kagolu

Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks for the info. I'll it a shot.
    I'll check out the battery charger thread as well but I'm looking to build adjustable(0-60 volt) 50 amp SCR controlled shop charger on large lead acid batteries.

5. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    kagolu,

I think I may have that GE databook. It was the first one ever I acquired, and I built that battery charger. I finally threw the remains of it (the charger) out a couple of weeks ago.

I'll check at home tonight.

Ken

6. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Hope you kept the transformer.

7. kagolu

Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks Ken, Let me Know.
    Don

8. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
    kagolu,

Went to the deep, dark basement this morning and searched my book shelves...but to no avail. :( Can't believe I pitched that one...sort of an heirloom...from an old radio station engineer, when I first got interested in electronics. Back when data sheets were written in cuneiform (it looked like that to me) on papyrus scrolls. ;)

Ken

9. kagolu

Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks anyway Ken, I appreciate you taking the the time to look for it. If I do find it I'll make sure I'll post it so you can get a copy.
    Kagolu

10. davebee

Oct 22, 2008
    I have an old GE SCR Hobby Manual, First Edition that includes a circuit by this name as a chapter, and D. R. Grafham is listed as a contributor to the book; maybe it was the source of the app note.

Here's a copy of the two page article. I don't have much in the way of image editing software so it's kind of raw but should be readable - is this what you were looking for?

(I hope I'm not violating copyright by copying two pages)

11. kagolu

Nov 19, 2008
    Davebee,
    Thank you, I'm not sure if these are the complete notes but it will help.
    Kagolu