Gate motor issues

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Bosparra, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Bosparra

Thread Starter Member

Feb 17, 2010
    I hope someone can give some advise, since this is driving me insane. I've got a remote controlled, motorised sliding gate, which does not like cold weather. In the mornings and evenings it would get stuck, as if it senses an obstacle. I have to get out of the car and push it by hand. From about 9 in the morning, when the temperature is at about 7°C-10°C, then it works fine. There is a certain spot on the track, that seems to run 'rough', only when its cold. This causes the motor to stop as if it senses the difficulty in driving the gate, as an obstacle. In the summer it works 100% without any issues.

The two possibilites are: electrical issues, or maybe the gate contracts enough to put strain on the motor?

It is a 12V motor with a 7.2AH lead acid battery, which gets charged via mains. The battery is brand new and the underground mains wiring has also recently been replaced.

Any ideas?

2. rvh002@gmail.com

May 15, 2009
    There is not sufficient clearance between the motor and the rail (1) The motor is not set to high power(2) The motor is not matched to the weight of the gate.(3)
    I am near you, phone for help. 0833916214 This is not an advert but a offer to help

3. Bosparra

Thread Starter Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Much appreciated, I will give you a call tommorrow.