Garage door style receiver that can handle 100 simultaneous transmissions?

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by vspin, Jan 2, 2011.

1. vspin

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    I'm a programmer, however I have no experience with electronics. I have an idea for a wireless device and wanted to find out if there is any available technology that will work.

The receiver needs to be able to handle at least 100 simultaneous transmissions from 100 or more different transmitters on one frequency. Are there multithreaded radio receivers that can listen on one frequency?

The other thing is that the frequency would be public. Could a hacker with the frequency cause interference that would prevent transmissions from being received? Something similar to a computer Denial-of-Service Attack.

Basically, the device will have a receiver much like a garage door receiver that will process many simultaneous transmissions from multiple transmitters. The transmitters will transmit from within a 60ft range.

Thank you,

Richard

2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    No. You would need a different frequency for each signal, otherwise they would all interact and create gibberish. You can hear this effect when two AM stations are close together on the dial, they inter-modulate.

vspin likes this.
  3. vspin

Jan 2, 2011
    Thank you. I was afraid of that.

Is there anything such as a multichannel (frequency) receiver, opposed to having 100 independent receivers?

4. blueroomelectronics

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 22, 2007
    What's its purpose, what are you trying to build?

5. vspin

Jan 2, 2011
    It's for our auction yard. I am developing software that will allow live bidding from home. The server will (hopefully) accept internet bids as well as wireless remote bids at the physical location. Each remote (transmitter) will have it's own ID and all IDs will be associated with a buyer. Parts of the transmissions will be encrypted with the buyer's unique key.

The auctioneer will be digital to allow internet bidding and remote bidding to work together.