fustrated drawing circuit

1-3-2-4

Joined Dec 26, 2008
A circuit with no info and no schematic, while I have the board in front of me (power supply) It's hard because I never tried to do it by tracing all over the place, plus most of the smaller stuff is all SMD stuff.

Is it doable?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
A circuit with no info and no schematic, while I have the board in front of me (power supply) It's hard because I never tried to do it by tracing all over the place, plus most of the smaller stuff is all SMD stuff.

Is it doable?
Assuming it's a single or two layer board, it's certainly doable...but it may not be easy. If it has internal layers, it's extremely difficult and maybe impossible.

Is it single or double sided? If so, there is a trick which involves taking photos of both sides of the board from the same distance and perspective, then reversing one of the photos, making one of them semi-transparent, and then pasting it over the other one. Thus, you can see all the tracks and components at one time. Better than flipping the board over and over and over.

1-3-2-4

Joined Dec 26, 2008
Well it's double sided but on some areas it seems to have something between the board but only at the part were the heatsink is and the transformer output stage, I might be able to find out but it's tedious since I'm only used to reading schematics and not drawing them by hand.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
Assuming it's a single or two layer board, it's certainly doable...but it may not be easy. If it has internal layers, it's extremely difficult and maybe impossible.

Is it single or double sided? If so, there is a trick which involves taking photos of both sides of the board from the same distance and perspective, then reversing one of the photos, making one of them semi-transparent, and then pasting it over the other one. Thus, you can see all the tracks and components at one time. Better than flipping the board over and over and over.
Hello tracecom, any simple way of " . . . making one of them semi-transparent. . ."

Ramesh

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Many image editing tools allow you to adjust the transparancy of one image that is overlaid on another image.

cornishlad

Joined Jul 31, 2013
If in photoshop..open both pictures. copy one ...paste over the other. Look at the new layer (layer 1) and slide the "opacity" slider at the top right hand corner of the "layers" window. Look for a similar approach in another editing program.

Last edited: