Function Generator

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by endaya_walatch, Sep 14, 2009.

1. endaya_walatch

Thread Starter Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Hi... I would like to ask your help regarding our project in building a function generator... how can I vary the frequency in my function generator?? i'll post the schematic later..
    Please help me.. thanks..
    =)

2. Jony130

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 17, 2009
    Here you have two examples of a simple function generator.

3. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    It would help a great deal if you would post the schematic that you want help with.

However, the schematics Jony130 posted show a couple of ways that frequency adjustment can be accomplished.
    In the left schematic, there is a potentiometer wired as a rheostat on the output of the leftmost opamp.
    In the right schematic, S1 selects one of 4 capacitors for frequency range selection, and R1 limits the maximum frequency, and R2 provides fine adjustment of the frequency.

You could implement one or more of these ideas into the schematic you have.

By the way, I don't help people via E-mail or PM; it defeats the purpose of the board (sharing knowledge), deprives you of other knowledgeable input, and jams up my in-boxes.

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Mine too.

First order of business, you need to post a schematic of what you're wanting.

5. endaya_walatch

Thread Starter Member

Sep 13, 2009
    sorry for the email messages.. i'm anewbie here.. thanks for the schematic.. i'll try it.. also, i will post the schematic as soon as possible...

a big thaks to all of you..

=)

6. endaya_walatch

Thread Starter Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Jony130,, i would like to ask the values of the components in the 2 schematics that you gave me.. the values of the capacitors,resistors,diodes and op-apm use.. it would be a great help...

thanks..