Status
Not open for further replies.

almu_2012

Joined Jan 9, 2012
Hiiiiiiiiii

I am new to this forum

I am a student

I have one doubt in fulwave rectifier

I am giving input voltage 220Vac and how much i get output of dc by using bridge rectifier and how i have to calculate

for the same i want to know half wave also

Can any one help me in this

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Rectify a 220 volt AC is NOT something a beginner should even think about. But for a theoretical academic exercise. I guess it is ok to discuss it.
First you must remember that 220 volt is the RMS value (google RMS if you are unsure). And the peak value will be square root(2) higher for a pure sine wave. So if you rectify a 220 volt AC using diodes you will get a pulsating DC that pulse between zero and 220* square root(2). To be exact you have to subtract the diode voltage drop also. I think this wiki paper may cast some light to your problem. Note the deference between half and full wave rectifier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectifier
Edit Do this has thread something to do with this thread http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=64480. To be honest I think you should have proper training, or at least getting help from someone that know what they are doing. If not put this project on hold. It is for your own and others safety.

Last edited:

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Since you will likely proceed with your project anyway, please be sure all your circuit connections are clean and tight prior to powering up.
It wouldn't hurt to have a qualified electrician critique your hookups as well.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You need to read up on diodes and rectifiers. With no load or filtering, the output waves will be like the input, less the diode voltage drop (depends on current and temperature) and of course with the polarity of the "negative" half of the wave reversed or blocked, for a full or half-wave rectifier respectively.

But you're probably wanting the integrated, average result. Often called RMS. This will depend on the load and any filtering (capacitors, eg.) that might be present.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Transformerless power supplies are against our Terms of Service (TOS). I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
There is no safe way to create a DC voltage without using a transformer.

Status
Not open for further replies.