full wave bridge rectifier

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by simpsonss, Oct 5, 2010.

1. simpsonss

Thread Starter Active Member

Jul 8, 2008
    hi,

i'm confuse about the difference between the two connections below. Is it they both outputted the same output voltage and just right side is more costly than left side? Am i correct?:confused::confused::confused:

Could both circuit connect in this way?

transform.jpg

thank you.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. t_n_k

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 6, 2009
    I think you are asking about the DC output values rather than the RMS values. Stated as DC (or average values) these would be correct.

In any case the the obvious clue is that the bigger the input voltage then the bigger the output voltage. Which circuit has the greater AC input voltage?

3. simpsonss

Thread Starter Active Member

Jul 8, 2008
    the right hand side would have bigger AC voltage. So the right hand side would have bigger DC. After my calculation, if consider Vac on left is 13.9Vac and Vac on right is 27.8Vac. then my DC for left is 12.5-1.4V=11.1Vdc and for the right side is 25-1.4V = 23.6Vdc. Am i correct?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question is, if i connect two diode only for the left side instead of the bridge, i'll get the same output right?

thank you.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  4. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The rectifier bridges produce pulses of DC because they are missing a big filter capacitor.

5. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    You can get into big trouble with grounding if you try using multiple bridges on a center tapped transformer at the same time.