Full duplex referee comunication equipment

Juan70

Joined Nov 12, 2014
I am looking everywhere for an affordable communication system that has the following:

transmit over 200 meters (not in line of sight) the unit will be under the shirt of referee.
Be full duplex with three people able to chat with as many other units only to listen.
Have loud volume to overcome the sound of the crowd.

I know there are some units out there like Volkerro but these units are way too expensive for the average joe.
I have tested many units but come up short with most. I have tested the Axitour unit and this does do the job however it drops out on occasions and is not loud enough. I have spoken to them about this but they are not willing to change anything.
This is for Rugby league referees.

What would you all suggest I could do?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

skeptic

Joined Mar 7, 2010
You didn't say what your country or price range is but both Kenwood and Icom offer a variety of portable radios that could be clipped to the belt in back and have jacks for a headset.

Juan70

Joined Nov 12, 2014
You didn't say what your country or price range is but both Kenwood and Icom offer a variety of portable radios that could be clipped to the belt in back and have jacks for a headset.
Sorry- my bad.
I am from Australia and the price range I am looking for is around the $250 us dollars per unit.
What about manufacturers? would anyone know of anyone that would be willing to make such a product?

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
AFIK, the Aussies are even more anal about unlicensed (bootleg) operation than we are in the 'States. Your biggest problem is what frequencies are available for licensing for this specific use, or what llicense-free frequencies are you allowed to use. Only after you settle that will you be in a position to worry about the equipment or what radios to buy.