Full Adder circuit

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by ChaosAD, Apr 26, 2004.

1. ChaosAD

ChaosAD Thread Starter New Member

Hi,

I'm a relative newcomer to electronics, I understand you can use a NAND gate inplace of other gates, so you end up with a smaller circuit...how would I go about making a Full Adder circuit using only NAND gates? Any help much appreciated.
  2. haditya

haditya Senior Member

hi
    one can sure minimize IC count by using NAND/NOR (also known as universal building blocks). The Full Adder can be built by using only NAND gates by constructing an EX-OR gate using NAND gates and the other remaining (AND and OR) gates are similarly replaced by their NAND equivalents.

hope this helps
  3. Drags

Drags New Member

Hi

I have a question regarding a full adder/substractor. I'm studying for an exam and at the moment I am at the serial and paralel adder. My notes say that we can fasten the serial adder by using the NAND-WIRED-AND wiring (and sth. else, i think it is OR-AND or sth.). Could anybody explain what this could be.

The picture which is attached looks like this: It has a line on NAND elements, and all the outputs are wired in one point (But it is not a short circuit - that I know). How can this work.?

Thank you, Drags
  4. electro eto

electro eto New Member

yea i'm a new comer and i joined related to the fuller adder post. and using the way u explained it i got it out. thanx.