FTDI C++ error message with mini module

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by odinpowerglove, May 28, 2014.

1. odinpowerglove

Thread Starter New Member

May 28, 2014
    Hello All,

I am trying to use the second example code for Visual C++ (http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/SoftwareExamples/MPSSE/FTCSPI.htm) To connect to the FT2232H Mini Module. My code works and indicates no device is connected when none is. However, when i connect the board and then run the code i recieve the attached message (the device is used by another application). I am not sure why i am getting this message. Any input greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Roy

2. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Looks like a system message to me. Try rebooting and run your code with the device attached, without running it before without the device attached.

3. odinpowerglove

May 28, 2014
    yea tried rebooting and it did not remedy the issue. there was nothing else running so i dont know why i am getting the error :(

4. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Did you install the drivers from FTDI website?

5. odinpowerglove

May 28, 2014
    yes i did and i did lots of googling and didnt find much except a forum in german about the issue, but i dont speak german unfortunately :p

6. odinpowerglove

May 28, 2014
    please help me!

7. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    I'm thinking you might have two drivers installed. One which you installed and another which came natively with you OS. Try uninstalling the driver if you can. Try a different computer with the same OS which hasn't had the drivers installed by anyone. Only by elimination will you be able to find out what's going on. I had to go through some of these exercises when I first tried to program mine.

8. odinpowerglove

May 28, 2014
    Not quite sure what happened but since we last talked all I did was sleep. Go to my computer and try again... no error. I am a little confused but pleased it didnt happen :confused::)

9. odinpowerglove

May 28, 2014
    Note: As of now there are no installed drivers from the website.
    does this mean you do not need those drivers ?

10. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    The drivers are pre-installed on newer operating systems. If I recall correctly, I didn't need to install them on my Windows 7 machine.

odinpowerglove likes this.