From where can I get a free 8085/86 simulator

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
You are really asking for two different things since the 8085 and the 8086 are radically different parts. Both of them are by now incredibly obsolete and you should start thinking about using more modern parts.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Heard of Ebay? Perhaps there.
Probably not for free though ;)

You are really asking for two different things since the 8085 and the 8086 are radically different parts. Both of them are by now incredibly obsolete and you should start thinking about using more modern parts.
Agreed, but they are commonly used for training purposes and on University courses. I would suspect this is the reason for there usage in this instance.

I concur with beenthere though, Google is your friend.

Dave

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is a possible ambiguity in the original question. Is the OP asking for a piece of hardware that allows program development debugging for an 8085 or 8086 processor? He might find that on eBay. If he is asking for a piece of software that runs on some target machine and allows program development and simulation, then that should be free somewhere on the web. Tell us devanandiamin7, which of these two things are you seeking?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
With the OP suggesting they require a 'simulator' I typically associate this with software used for programme development and simulation prior to transfer to hardware, which I would refer to in this context as a development board/kit. From looking at both your and atferrari's posts it is clear that there is some confusion in the OP and some clarification is required.

Dave