Friend Requests

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Referring to post #4

I also find it annoying that I have to log in to see .png's and such.
I wish that feature did not exist. It would be easier to cruise through the latest posts and decide whether to log when I see something I know the answer to.

Please count this 2 cents worth if you Mods ever consider changing this aspect of the site.
My solution is to (almost) never log off.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Referring to post #4

I also find it annoying that I have to log in to see .png's and such.
I wish that feature did not exist. It would be easier to cruise through the latest posts and decide whether to log when I see something I know the answer to.

Please count this 2 cents worth if you Mods ever consider changing this aspect of the site.
As I understand it that was a considered decision by jrap. It prevents robotic harvesters from gathering images from this site and claiming them as their own.

I don't know if you have been in on the other discussions, but there are several other forums that have harvested our posts and put them up as if we are members. Flattering, yet disgusting.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I never consider the effects that dishonest people will have unless somebody reminds me that there are dishonest people. Better that I'm not a moderator. I'm not qualified for the job.

Also...I thought logging out was the "right" thing to do when I'm going to be gone for hours.
Is it?

and ps, I just tried not logging out, closing the browser, opening the browser, and clicking on AAC and I was "in".
Will this persist regardless of the time I am away?

I can just check back in tomorrow and find out.

Last edited:

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
My solution is to (almost) never log off.
Yes exactly.

My bookmark for AAC is direct to the forums and it takes me straight there, ready logged in each time.

I only log off by accident.

If sometimes I am using another pc somewhere else I need to log on but don't tick the 'remember me box'.
Then, if I don't log off, I will still be logged on when I return to my base pc.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
@#12
It's a misconception often expressed: People think that moderators can change the appearance of functions of the site. We cannot.

Only the Administrators can edit the site's appearance, build functions in it and create and define usergroups.

Moderators are a regular usergroup that can only work within the limits the Administrators have given them. Usually these include post and thread editing and movement and user banning. That's all.
We cannot add new features or change the looks of the site. This is why the Santa hat was in the front page until February.

About logging sessions. If you are accessing AAC only through your personal computer, on which only you and your trusted people have access, you don't need to log off.
If you don't close your browser, the AAC cookie will make your browser remember your session, if you don't log out. However, provided that you haven't told your browser to remember your credentials, after you shut down your PC, you will open the AAC site being logged out.

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Hello. It's tomorrow and I'm logged in without logging in. Annoyance fixed.

and apologies for using the word, "moderator" when it should have been, "administrator".

Time to go play with the beginners! :)

We seem to be getting a new crop this month.

Last edited: