frequency jammer

Xeeshan Qureshi

Joined Jan 13, 2009
i want to suppres any audio signal in the air, e.g. while sittin in my car, if the stereos are sounding at max, the jammer should mute that audio...
is it possible?
can i get circuit diagram of frequency jammer?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I read a short SciFi story from Arthur C. Clark on just such a device. In theory it is possible, the implementation has been with noise canceling headphone. On a larger scale I don't think you can do it, soundproofing is a partial solution, but the body of a car is not rigid to the ground, so I suspect some base is always going to be some sound leaking through.

I sympathize though, we have our share of jerks in this neighborhood.

Spoiler Alert...
In Mr. (Dr.?) Clarks story the energy suppressed went to the output capacitors and exploded in time.

We had the same problem in college (I called them Stereo Wars), where my brothers dorm room was between Country and Hip Hop. Our solution was to fight back with ultrasonics, they couldn't tell where was coming from, drove them crazy, and in one case the cowboy thought it was from his stereo.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
You really don't want to cancel all noise while driving. They need to make some laws and police some of the unsafe practices of drivers, instead of forcing people to wear mostly useless seatbelts. If you cancel out all sounds, you won't hear screeching tires, when the semi locks up his brakes, no sirens from emergency vehicles, horns honking... Sometimes you need to hear what's going on around you. There should be limits on how much noise people can make with their stereos while driving, it's not safe or healthy. Should also be bans on using all the little gadgets people play with while on the road (cellphones, GPS, laptops, Ipods...). People need to be focused on driving, and on the what's going on around them. Cars should be transportation, not entertainment...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
True enough, but have you ever been next to someone whose stereo was louder than yours in your vehicle, and both your windows were up? I truly believe they do it to annoy.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
True enough, but have you ever been next to someone whose stereo was louder than yours in your vehicle, and both your windows were up? I truly believe they do it to annoy.
Yes, many times. They use to drive by my house, the windows would rattle. Now the police chase them down. Hasn't been a problem past couple of years. Worst part, many of them wear hearing protection, muffs or plugs, while doing it. Seems like they should be charged with a jail time crime, and not just a ticket. Tickets are for being careless, this is planned and deliberate...