Frequency generator

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by prylon, Sep 30, 2013.

1. prylon

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Hi! I'm new to the forum and trying to get a project I've started up and running. Just some background on what I'm trying to do:

There are studies showing how healthy people, people of genius, states of relaxation and improved blood circulation all circumvent around bodily frequencies. In countries like Canada and Germany they are killing cancerous and diseased cells selectively by honing frequencies that destroy their bonds without destroying healthy tissue. There is also treatments using electromagnetic fields to raise bodily frequencies and blood circulation.

So in brief instead of paying thousands of dollars for a professional device i embarked on a mission to build one on my own to experiment with.

Quite frankly my knowledge is limited. Here is the progress i've made so far:
    [​IMG]
    A couple of 4in copper pipe coils wired together.
    [​IMG]
    (the 2 wires coming out of the generator were connected to a small speaker on the inside. I extended them to the outside in case I wanted to use a bigger speaker)
    The plan is to use the function generator to send specific signals through the coils. My game plan is as follows:
    [​IMG]My concerns are that my concept might be completely off. And i'm reading things that are confusing me on whether i should be using AC or DC. With this set up will it create a field big enough to affect the subject. Also the function generator i have is really old. I've replaced all the vacuum tubes inside but still have not hooked it up to an oscilloscope. Should i be trying to rig this through the signal output or to the speaker wires (and just hook it up through an amp like you would a car speaker?)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Trying to save myself from making any costly mistakes.

2. BobTPH

Jun 5, 2013
    Woo woo!

Bob

3. bance

Aug 11, 2012
    By the looks of it the only costly mistake you can make is your time....
    Good luck

Steve.

4. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    How are you going to make quantitative tests, double-blind test etc?
    Max.

5. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Believe Dr Royal Rife used HF AC. & a verry high magnification microscope to see affect of frequency on different pathagens.

6. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Whoa!

Wait a minute. There are a whole bunch of things you need to learn first.

Firstly, you need to know the difference between DC and AC.
    In this context, DC usually means a steady current. What you create with DC is a steady magnetic field.

What you are looking for is AC.

Secondly, you need lots of power output. A function generator does not have the kind of power output that you are looking for. You will need a power amplifier.

Thirdly, there is no scientific basis for what you are attempting to do. Snake oil would have just as good an effect.

7. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Placebo comes to mind

8. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Is there a specific device you are hoping to replicate? You must have followed something to get you where you are now. What specific electrical effect are you trying to generate (in terms of voltage, frequency, etc.)?

You mentioned doing experiments but none of the benefits you mentioned are easily measured in a hospital, let alone by a noobie at home. How will you know your machine does anything, good or bad?

9. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    Output something like a 10s machine, relativly lo V AC; no coils in hand probes.

10. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Mr. Chips said, you should probably use AC (by definition the frequency of DC is zero), and I think sine waves would be preferred. The other waveforms pack multiples of the fundamental signal into the signal to produce those other waveforms.

From the photo it appears as though the coils are wound on metal tubes. Metal tubes would be a bad idea for high frequencies because they will tends to make the coils appear to be shorted.

If you value your amplifier, you might want to put a fuse in series with the output just in case.

It appears that you are working pretty much on your own. I suggest that you Google Limits of Human Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Energy in the Frequency Range from 3 kHz to 300 GHz, and download the pdf file by that name. You can get some help on this forum in calculating flux density.

11. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    It is possible that what you are attempting could do more harm than good.

Research has been done indicating that biological cells can be damaged or destroyed by electromagnetic signals. Given the right geometry and conductivity distribution, cells can become a tuned circuit which will resonate when exposed to EMI at a particular frequency. Such cells absorb enough energy to cause them to destruct.

12. prylon

Sep 30, 2013
    thanks for the input. Yeah there is a certain "safe" range of frequency i'll be operating with.
    I've seen a site where they actually use an electrical blanket instead of the coils to deliver the field.

The more common name for what i'm trying to build is a PEMF (Pulsed Electro Magnetic field) device. Here is a small documentary on the study http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYav6_hcMDo
    I'm pretty sure they are using pulsed DC current. They only thing is they are trying to sell you theirs so there aren't any faqs or DYI guides.

I may not need a function generator at all but wouldn't it be the easiest way to pulse the current? I'll obviously need to tweak some things in the design

13. prylon

Sep 30, 2013
    I'll pretty much keep a control and compare results or some before and after scenarios.

14. prylon

Sep 30, 2013
    yes a lot of this is based off the rife machine.

15. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Why would "pathogens" respond differently than Mammalian cells? Pathogens is a general phrase to include, virus, fungus, Protozoa bacteria, even insect larvae. What uniquenesses between these cell types do you plan to exploit?

Edit: my mistake, you did not mention pathogens, that was elsewhere on the web. You mentioned cancerous cells. My question still stands, what uniquenesses between cancerous and non-cancerous cells do you hope to exploit?