Free/Trial Electrical Diagram Simulation Software

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
Does anyone know of free software where i can create an electrical diagram like the one in the picture and simulate it's operation?
No I don't, but you could work through the logic of the circuit to describe what happens - if that's what you are concerned with. If you understand relay circuits & symbols this particular circuit should not present a major problem.

You can obtain PLC programs (possibly free-to-try versions with limited functionality) based on the relay ladder diagram concept in which you can create circuits with exactly the same logic sequence encountered in your circuit.

pprendeville

Joined Nov 19, 2009
Downloaded a very good program called Automation Studio that simulates Logic Relay Sequence Circuits as well as pneumatic and hydraulic circuits. Well worth getting.

gte

Joined Sep 18, 2009
I would like software that allowed me to build a virtual circuit and then start changing components virtually to see how that changed the output of the circuit ... does this software do that?

Basically a virtual breadboard or pcb?

Downloaded a very good program called Automation Studio that simulates Logic Relay Sequence Circuits as well as pneumatic and hydraulic circuits. Well worth getting.

pprendeville

Joined Nov 19, 2009
No, Automation Studio doesn't act as a virtual breadboard. The version I got can create pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical circuits and simulate their operation.

i believe you're looking for Multisim by Labview.