Free spice simulator

sharanbr123

Joined Sep 29, 2014
Hello All,

Can someone tell me some of the free spice simulators available.
Also, I am assuming that one can simulate transistors also using spice simulators.
Based on my sampling of doucment for one of the spice simulators, I would not find support for adding transistor in the schematic view. Comments please ...

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
(Your link is improper.)

It can be a challenge for a beginner to add a Spice component model to LTspice. The included components are limited but you can find more all over the internet, for instance from T.I. or IRF or the other manufacturers. When you want to add one, come on back and folks here can help.

sharanbr123

Joined Sep 29, 2014
Thanks, Everyone ... I had a look at LTspice on Linear Technologies site. It does not support Linux which is what I prefer.
Also, the description of this simulator mentions that it is primarily for simulation of switching regulators.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Thanks, Everyone ... I had a look at LTspice on Linear Technologies site. It does not support Linux which is what I prefer.
Also, the description of this simulator mentions that it is primarily for simulation of switching regulators.
I did read that you can run LTspice on Linux under Wine but I don't know how well that works.

LTspice was specifically optimized to run faster simulations of switching regulators but otherwise it performs standard Spice AC, DC, and Transient simulations.

Here's a listing of some other Spice simulators.