Free Energy :D (now now...)

cjdelphi

Joined Mar 26, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO00tPIYSUQ

Right then, I've always like fish lol, an electric eel can produce around 500v at 1 amp....

Best way to charge a deep cycle battery? A big transformer? step it down to about 15v and regulate it... on two sides of the tank, what would they be, water is roughly the same as human resistance, 500k

500v/500000
= 0.001 amps?

Unless they made the water a lot more conductive somehow.... are eels salt or fresh water animals lol... 500w could basically power the house except for Heaters, computers, tvs, electronics nothing in the house would consume more than that... throw the power into a couple of deep cycle batteries and invert / grid tie..

Oh as for the "free energy" I guess you have to feed them, but would they eat more in terms of food production or electric production, it's weird how each cell can produce 0.15v, If only evolution make man be able to produce electricity like that lol....

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
and if that's not enough to convince you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1nyY6jSdC8

^^ very good explanation for it's time, he'd not be able to do any of that these days without health and safety or the RSPCA getting involved.... good family viewing :D
In USA the archenemy is the (god forbidden) nudity. Any nudity will instant give permanent irretrievable damage. Especially to any "kid" below 20 years. But your film has no such thing, indeed it shows the the healthy family doing things together. So what they do is de facto considered safe ;)

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Electric eels and electric stingrays are freshwater in south america. They can produce 500v at 1 amp for about 0.00001 seconds. Then it takes them a lot of time to "recharge" So I don't think their will be any real way to do anything with them without cloning and gean splicing.

hwy101

Joined May 23, 2009
If you had 10 eel's in a tank they would just zap each other, over voltage occurs or short circuit, lots of smoke,....not recommended.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Are eels insulators or conductors?

Could they be semi conductors? They conduct when discharging but insulate when not. They are like inside-out transistors.

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
If you had 10 eel's in a tank they would just zap each other, over voltage occurs or short circuit, lots of smoke,....not recommended.
Not recommended, unless you want smoked eels!! :D

(I tried smoking an eel once, but I couldn't fit it into my pipe! :p )

--Rich