Fractals in coprime integers

Discussion in 'Math' started by Gerasimov, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Gerasimov

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Greetings, humans! I'm from Ukraine. My English is very bad. So I will use a Google Translate.
    In 2002, I came up with an interesting piece. I was only 14 years old. I was thinking about fractals and chaos theory, and did not want to learn. Did not want to learn, and were forced to walk to school. I came up with a way to kill time on the boring lessons in history, geography, and other humanities. I'll try to explain in detail. All we need - a piece of paper into a cell and an ordinary pencil. If a piece of paper is not available and also no pencil - an online version of JavaScript: http://xcont.com/pattern.html

The algorithm is simple to indecency. Actually these things look like this:

[​IMG]

Select the rectangle and let in the corner of the "quantum beam" (as I called it in 2002) The beam reflected from the walls and is lost at the other corner.

If certain conditions were met - it turns fractal pattern.
    If the conditions are not met (for example the obvious - the rectangle are equal) - pattern is not obtained. Of the less obvious example - the same pattern as it is impossible, if the size of the parties have a common divisor. In fact, the patterns are obtained only if the dimensions of both sides - are relatively prime (have no common divisor).

Сlickable:

[​IMG]

In the picture all the numbers from 1 to 30.

And now a little about Fibonacci and fractals.

Patterns represent a fractal.

What determines the pattern?
    That suggests to us - what if you try to Fibonacci numbers? "Пацан сказал - пацан сделал" (do not know how to translate it to English.

Painted the largest enclosed area.

233х144:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

987х610 (pressed 5 times):
    [​IMG]

233х144 и 987х610 - identical

As you can see, fractal repeats part of the overall fractal increased

Fractals, as they are.

Site: New kind of fractals - Fractals in relatively prime integers (coprime integers)

P.S.

And a little bit schizophrenic 11-year-old:
    Perhaps the chaos - it is also a fractal?

2. Gerasimov

Sep 18, 2013
    GIF:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Сlickable (enclosed area of fractals - "brain slugs"):
    [​IMG]

and this :)
    [​IMG]

3. Gerasimov