Fractal Based Value Detective.

Discussion in 'Math' started by SplitInfinity, Mar 15, 2013.

1. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I propose that it is possible to assign a mathematical value to a fractal pattern of natural creation such as the cellular structure and pattern of a Leaf or perhaps the stripe pattern of a Tiger...or even looking at the hydrodynamic effects wind has upon any body of water...then use that assigned value and all existing ratios and compare them to other assigned values and ratios of other naturaly occuring fractal patterns...would allow us to detect specific Matter and Energy interactions.

As example...calculating the ratios and assigning values to the fractal pattern existing when we look at various crop fields at altitude over time anually could allow us to determine Sun Flare and Sun Spot activity as well as determine the specific elemental and chemical makeup of the soil it is planted in.

This ratio and value comparison could also allow us to detect the specific elemental and chemical makeup of other associated by ratio and value things whether living or not.

Who here can calculate an Algorithmic equasion using the ratios of varying cloud cover percentages over Antarctica during and throughout one Solar Cycle for use as a baseline comparison to determine other cause and effect realities that exist in this continent?

Split Infinity

2. amilton542

Nov 13, 2010
    How familiar are you with the Mandelbrot Set?

3. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    C=1 sequence...0, 1, 2, 5, 26.

Split Infinity

4. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    The issue is not so much what mathematical model or system to use...it is more about proper association to calculate specifics as they apply to a desired result.

Without understanding the proper association...results are worthless in that they will not apply to what you desire to know.

Split Infinity

5. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I would like to see is there is a possible patern existing between the association of Geometric Constructs such as a Circle, Square, Triangle...etc...if a unifying equasion can be written and then an Algorithm...then use this to see if a pattern can be established.

Anyone here up to the task?

Split Infinity

6. amilton542

Nov 13, 2010
    Don't forget, Euclid was a pioneer in this breed of geometry. If it was possible, he would have done such; but he has not.

7. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Well that breeds the question...Why Not?

Split Infinity

8. amilton542

Nov 13, 2010
    Because his work got published more times than the Bible.

9. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    One possible association that I do not believe has been looked at is the total number of angle degrees within a closed multi-sided by equal length straight line geometric figure and the number of sides in relation to other lessor or greater number of equal length multiple sided figures.

Now a triangle be it equal length of sides or not...has a total number of 180 degrees...a square...360...and upward in number of total degrees as we get to a pentagon...etc.

Now if this continues if we take the number of sides and take the number of degrees...form an equasion...then take all and do the same thing except make sure all have a 90 degree angle within them and take the greatest number of equal length sides per geometric form that each different numerical sided figure can have and then do this again adding necessary numbers of multiple same degree angles and allowable equal distant sides...we should be able to find a pattern.

Split Infinity

10. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    Got an idea! Why not stop posting and work on this theory and come back when you solve it.

dthx likes this.
  11. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    I could use the help of a Mathematician who could help by suggesting exactly which idea upon my list of ideas would be used to better calculate such an association to then take the next step.

In this problem...it is the second and third steps that are hardest...not so much the last.

Split Infinity

12. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    My Girl who is very good with a Camera as when we go on tour she sometimes get's some pics that our labels Marketing Division have used as she is that good.

I asked her to take two Digital Pictures every day at the same times...9am...and 5pm...of a section of grass in our back yard. This grassy area uses SILT not Top Soil as I have a childhood friend in the Sand and Gravel Business.

When sand and rock is dumped into the CRUSHER...the larger rocks are crushed and then sand and rocks of different sizes are seperated. Water is used to get rid of any organic material as well as remove the White Powder that is SILT.

Now SILT is not only loaded with nutrients but can absorb and hold many many times more water than top soil. When I landscaped my back yard I had trucked in 20 Giant Loads of Silt...in those 18 wheel dump trucks. Thus my grass is awsome and I very rarely even need to run the whole sprinkler system...anyways...

....My Girl took these digital pics and we put them on the laptop and by using some software were able to see how the Blades of Grass followed the sun by viewing the blades shadows. I wish we or she had continued to do this longer but hey...late nights...no early mornings.

I have given this to Mothman...and although since he is always busy this may take awhile...but...since a tripod and great care was used to always get a pic of the same area...at the exact same times...and lucky for us only ONE day was cloudy...

...he is going to write some software as to measure and calculate changing positions, shadows and blade lengths as My Girl's pics are very detailed. Then after this data is gathered...I am going to see if I can create and try a few Algorithms to see how many patterns I can come up with.

Then if I am lucky...I will try to find a common denominator within such patters.

I will try to do this without the aid of beer.

Split Infinity

13. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    We are waiting with bated breath.

14. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Measuring how long you could hold it as apposed to everyone else would also present an opportunity to become a Detective.

Also...Real Men don't eat Quiche...nor do they whine.

Split Infinity

15. SplitInfinity

Thread Starter Member

Mar 3, 2013
    As it applies to the SILT that is used in my yard rather than Top Soil...I have asked...My Girl to take a digital picture twice a day in my neighbors yard...and although this should have been done at the same time the first picks were taken...I will do that again as well.

The reason for this is as per what I posted at the beginning of this topic...using Fractal Associations I believe it is possible to determine data as per this experiment where it will be possible to use such a process to determine what kind of soil is under vegatation, what type of minerals, solar activity, rain and weather patterns...the possibilities are endless.

Now I have read about scientists trying this before and having some success but what they are so very good at also leaves them lacking in other areas that if they had the ability to understand would allow them to find the final pieces.

Many times in Human History knowledge has been held back because some VERY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE were only intelligent in a specific way. They were ignoring the obvious and mundane and only concentrating on the math or science specific to parameters they themselves decided upon.

Because of this they missed seeing data that a 13 year old kid would notice and associations would come so easy for that kid. But for the Super Smart...such associations are overlooked. Currently there is a 13 year old kid that proposed and with some help patented a Solar Cell that uses IR-Light to produce electricity. For some reason all the EXPERTS overlooked this concept.

And when I say Super Smart...I am talking about High IQ in the analytical side of things and a very LOW IQ within the social, emotional and ASSOCIATION TO LIFE EXPERIENCES areas. There are many 13 year old kids out there who put 2 and 2 together and by doing so now have Patents pending and are Millionaires or Billionaires all because they looked at the work of others on say a TV special...and saw what the Scientists, Physicists...etc...could not see....because they DID NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO SEE.

Raw Data and developing equations are all and good but the trick is using such data and a scientist that develops say an Algorithm just because they could create that Algorithm....but even if this helps show us comparative associations within a group of various Fractal Patterns....perhaps in this case it would be better to find the Non-Associations or perhaps even a Value assigned differential equation.

Something of this nature occurred when some very Wealthy, Men of Industry group of Golfers got together and decided that the next most important thing in their lives to do was to hire some Scientists, Physicists, Mathematicians and people who were former employee's of Augusta National Golf Club...the course where the Masters is played and quite possibly the most exclusive Golf Club in the World...all for the purpose of being able to everything from grass blade direction charts for greens and since the position of holes are changed upon the Greens...such charts provided details for grass blade angles in relation to hole positions would be at every point on a green...for every time of the day as the grass blades follow the sun...greens being soft or hard...thus slow or fast due to weather, rain, drought....etc...so these Billionaires...having nothing better to do with their money...WANTED THIS.

Now if THIS can be done...and done very accurately and with a plus or minus base so small it might as well not even have been written on such charts...imagine how such calculations based upon Fractal Design could be used and benefit us all.

Split Infinity

16. gootee

Apr 24, 2007
    Before proposing something, it is suggested that you do a literature search.

In this case, try searching at google.com, for "Fractal Pattern Recognition" and "Fractal Feature Extraction".

One commonly-calculated descriptor metric is called Fractal Dimension. There are various "box counting" algorithms for calculating it, for various types of data sets, including image data.

There are myriad algorithms for using fractal dimension and other extracted features, e.g. lacunarity, in order to describe or detect or recognize patterns, textures, and objects, and to do much more.