four way traffic light - help

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
You designed the circuit or copied it? Tell us in more detail what happens when you try it? "It doesn't work" is too vague. Imagine if you took your car into a shop and said the same thing. "It doesn't work". They would look at you askance.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

A description of what you want the circuit to do and what it's doing wrong would be helpful.

Is this homework?

Eng Ranya Salem

Joined Dec 1, 2016
You designed the circuit or copied it? Tell us in more detail what happens when you try it? "It doesn't work" is too vague. Imagine if you took your car into a shop and said the same thing. "It doesn't work". They would look at you askance.
Ok
I copied it and try to draw it on proteus but it doesn't work ( leds don't work , don't light , No traffic light working )

Eng Ranya Salem

Joined Dec 1, 2016
Welcome to AAC!

A description of what you want the circuit to do and what it's doing wrong would be helpful.

Is this homework?
homework ?! :)
No I try to execute this design in real time
if you saw the image of Proteus design you will understand what worked or what don't
I copied it and try to draw it on proteus but it doesn't work ( leds don't work , don't light , No traffic light working )

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Your drawing doesn't match the link. Neither circuit will work. Have you actually built the circuit, or just the drawing so far?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Look at the gound connections you made.
You will likely blow some leds right now and some leds will never light.

Bertus

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
if you saw the image of Proteus design you will understand what worked or what don't
For starters, your schematic is poorly drawn.

Secondly, you're the one asking for help, not me. If you want to make it difficult for someone to help you; they, myself included, won't bother trying.

Clearly your circuit isn't working, but you haven't given any idea as to what you want it to do.

Eng Ranya Salem

Joined Dec 1, 2016
For starters, your schematic is poorly drawn.

Secondly, you're the one asking for help, not me. If you want to make it difficult for someone to help you; they, myself included, won't bother trying.

Clearly your circuit isn't working, but you haven't given any idea as to what you want it to do.
Sorry :( I'm under Pressure because it is not working and I'm working on it for 4 days
at last I tried to ask for help
I surprised when you said " Homework "
Sorry again

could you help me please ^_^ :)

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I'm under Pressure because it is not working and I'm working on it for 4 days
at last I tried to ask for help
I surprised when you said " Homework "
The simple nature of the problem and your time pressure makes me think it's homework; some work for which you will receive a grade. If that's the case, we're not allowed to simply give you an answer; as you seem to be asking for.

Even for cases where it's not homework, we generally don't hand out answers. It deprives the OP of an opportunity to learn.

From your latest simulation, it appears that the Q5 output of the 4017 is active. What is the voltage at that output, and what is the voltage after D5. What voltage would be required to light the LEDs being driven through D5?

Eng Ranya Salem

Joined Dec 1, 2016
The simple nature of the problem and your time pressure makes me think it's homework; some work for which you will receive a grade. If that's the case, we're not allowed to simply give you an answer; as you seem to be asking for.

Even for cases where it's not homework, we generally don't hand out answers. It deprives the OP of an opportunity to learn.

From your latest simulation, it appears that the Q5 output of the 4017 is active. What is the voltage at that output, and what is the voltage after D5. What voltage would be required to light the LEDs being driven through D5?
First it is not homework :)
Second : Big Thanks for your reply AND I hope my problem be solved by you
- here is a gif for the Execution of this circuit
http://imgur.com/sxLzguy
and here is my Proteus Schema
http://www.filedropper.com/test_154

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
You didn't answer my questions.

Eng Ranya Salem

Joined Dec 1, 2016
Are you an engineer in problems then? Pressure coming from your boss, I guess.
I try to test Something for my work in Master
I'm a Master Degree Student
Note : I'm not an Electrical Engineer , But I need something from This test
So I want to complete what I do but after the result of this

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
+5 v Out of Led Y/EW
What voltage is required to turn on the Y/EW LED and the others in series with it?

The fact that you're a student and this is school work makes this homework. Anything that you will be graded on is considered homework. You can call it a project or anything you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it's work for which you will receive a grade. Most schools have an official policy on taking the work of others and claiming it's yours.