Found an old transmitter and receiver...

Galeforce

Joined Sep 2, 2012
A few years ago I bought a little transmitter and receiver for a project which never actually happened because I had absolutely no idea what to do. I came across them again today, and after a quick google I found some useful information! The transmitter in question is a TXC1 and the receiver is a RXC1.

What I really want to know is, what can I actually do with them and how should I wire them up? Ideally, I would be able to transmit something like music, but even an on/off kind of thing would be cool.

PRFGADGET

Joined Aug 8, 2011
From what little research I've done on them.
They appear to be a "DATA SET" Tx & RX .
I'd say you need to D/L the data sheet's on them and then decide what you can or want to do with them.
Looks like they will need some sort of other cards / circuits (data encoders / decoders) to be of any real use , but given the frequency range , with good antennas & feed line you might get as much as a mile of range.
Keep in mind, since you have only one set , it's a "one-way" thing ,
Guess if you live in the country you could build up a neat little mailbox alarm or something.

vk6zgo

Joined Jul 21, 2012
They sound like the little 434MHz modules that were available a few years back.(probably still are)
I would be very cautious about putting gain antennas on them to get longer range,as these things are generally tolerated in this band,provided they don't cause interference to other users,who include "Hams",& much more scary,the Military.

In Australia, they are designated as "low interference potential devices"or "LIPDs",must not produce interference,& must tolerate any interference to them.
The laws may be similar in your country.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Joined Sep 2, 2012
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I'm not sure about encoders/decoders. I would be able to send a simple on/off without any extra circuitry, wouldn't I? I'm thinking of connecting the receiver to a little buzzer I could easily hide...

Also, I'm not going to be putting huge antennas on them. I am in Australia in a semi-rural area and there is no military within many kms anyway. I don't think it would cause much/any interference anyway. Even if it did I would only be using it intermittently.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
To do just a basic on/off circuit, you will need an encoder on the transmitter side and a decoder on the receiving side. Or you will not get anything to switch on or off unless you go and use a microcontroller.