forum questions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by electronis whiz, Aug 10, 2011.

1. electronis whiz

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    1. i noticed that my list of friends is ocasinally in a diffrent order is there a reson for this?
    2. i just noticed i have become a senior member and wondered if this is as high as a rank i could get and what the specs for each are. i saw it one time but now can't find it anywhere

2. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    You could be come a Moderator,look around at the bottom of one of
    the pages you will see there names.Do you know what a moderator does.

3. electronis whiz

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    i think so, aproves some threads, groups, move misplaced threads, posibly aprove blogs.

4. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    You don't sound to be excited about becoming a Moderator.
    You started out by saying you wanted to know how to move up.

5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

The title is dependend on the number of posts a member made:

The current rankings are:

New Member 0-9 posts
    Junior Member 10-49 posts
    Member 50-99 posts
    Senior Member 100+ posts

Bertus

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    For people who contribute to writing the book there is also "E-book Developer". This gives me a expanded private mail box (which I will soon have to cull) here on AAC and the title, but other than that I'm a conventional member. Anyone willing to write for the AAC book can get the title, it is pretty much voluntary. In my experience a lot of my friends would rather take a whipping than write, it is hard work (to them). If you are on a forum a lot of that goes away.

While not part of the title I take it upon myself to look at correction requests for the AAC book and vet whether they are legitimate or not.

So to complete Bertus's list there is also...

E-book Developer
    Super Moderator
    Administrator

A mod does the day to day work on the board. They make sure things stay civil, and that members abide by the rules (beginners new to the site regularly break the rules through ignorance). If necessary they can ban abusive people, this site will not put up with abuse or flame wars. People can and do disagree, but it can be done civilly. On AAC it is a requirement.

The administrators can do everything a mod does, but mainly they focus on technical issues with the web site.

Within these groups I'm sure they have their own hierarchy, but we don't get to see any of that.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  7. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009