For those who celebrate Christmas

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Who's that? He's handsome. *swoon*
From what I hear, I could have been quite a slut back then, but I wasn't. I only hoped that I could pass for, "normal" or, "average". Besides, I was a nerd. That was the 1970's. Women weren't taking the initiative and/or I wasn't paying attention.

Any problems, just show her the avatar of joeyd999 and tell her, "That's what this looks now that he's 65 years old.":D

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
From what I hear, I could have been quite a slut back then, but I wasn't. I only hoped that I could pass for, "normal" or, "average". Besides, I was a nerd. That was the 1970's. Women weren't taking the initiative and/or I wasn't paying attention.

Any problems, just show her the avatar of joeyd999 and tell her, "That's what this looks now that he's 65 years old.":D
Looking at your avatar I was certain that you were quite of a ladies' man :D.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I've just watched Nativity.... best Christmas movie I've seen in ages. It's amazing how an old, thousand times re-told story, can always be narrated using a new approach.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I like the Hanuka Bush that was pointed out. Silly me, I always thought it was a Christmas Tree! Now if it doesn't go Moses on me.

BTW, the person that pointed it out was joking, but Jewish, which only made it funnier. Personally I am always happy to share the joy in whatever way we can.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Looking at your avatar I was certain that you were quite of a ladies' man :D.
No. Too busy being poor. School, work, sleep, do it again...on a bicycle.
Still, what do I have to complain about? Donald Trump and Paul McCartney couldn't keep a woman happy. Why would I think I'm better than them?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@12
Would you describe yourself as a misogynist?
In the specific, one who mistrusts women. (That means, "yes" to one of the dictionary definitions.)

I started life with a respectable mother and genius level sisters. I felt that females were, in some mysterious way, special. I am genetically heterosexual. Merely being in a house for 45 minutes where women live causes a, "normal" response. I believed women could earn any status, education, or job they wanted, just like me, and I believed they could quit fornicating with strangers immediately after the wedding, just like me. I was proven wrong, repeatedly.

After 65 years of experiencing life, I know of exactly one woman who did not cheat on her husband. That doesn't mean I'm guessing about all the rest of the wives I have met. I know for sure.
It has been shown that any woman smart enough to be interesting to me is also smart enough to take me for everything I have in divorce court, and I don't even want to try sex with a woman over 60!:eek::eek::eek:

I can either engage with females, or not. I choose, "not".

Joined Nov 30, 2010
There's more where that came from :D:
Now we have crossed into disagreement. I don't believe a woman's head is full of fluff and straw.
Their emotional tirades can drive a man to suicide, but all of them aren't stupid.
I knew one who was a competent bridge partner.
I met one who could beat me at Scrabble (part of the time:oops:).
I'm sure there are lots of smart women. I just don't want one looking at me from the other side of the divorce court.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Now we have crossed into disagreement. I don't believe a woman's head is full of fluff and straw.
Their emotional tirades can drive a man to suicide, but all of them aren't stupid.
I'm sure there are lots of smart women. I just don't want one looking at me from the other side of the divorce court.
I don't recall that song ever saying (or implying) that women were less intelligent than men... just that they cared about stuff that most of us don't consider even remotely important...
I'm going to re-listen to it (after more than 30 years!)... see if I find it offensive

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
:eek: wow... it's very politically incorrect for today's standards... I sure didn't remember it like that:

Why is thinking something women never do?
Why is logic never even tried?
Straightening up their hair is all they ever do.
Why don't they straighten up the mess that's inside?