Food stall mini project using microcontroller

kuannygohcheetatt

Joined Oct 31, 2013
I have a mini project which requires me to solve problems that occur in food stall . I decided to solve the problem of food ordering system. However , my lecturer requires me to adress to each of the stall when user order their food. How can i do it? I can only think of the way to do it , for example i present three food stall, then i will have to use three microcontroller to receive data from the user input to display on three lcd. Is there any sinpler way to do it? I mean like by using one microcontroller and i can adress various stall .can someone give me an idea?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
can someone give me an idea?
Didn't I give you an idea when I told you to use multiple microcontrollers in your other thread on this topic?:confused:

Perhaps you should define the use case a little better... How far away are these stalls? Do they need to talk to each other at all? How far away are the people making the food?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
The stall is near to each other , but if i would to use different microcontroller for different stall it will not be economical
Okay....how near? < 1m? 10m? 1000m? What you call near I'd call far...

Being that this will probably be over a few meters, you need to consider transmission problems...

A few extra cents would be worth the scalability and flexibility of a modular system, no?

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Unless you have 100's of stalls (whatever a food stall is) you should be able to handle it with a single microcontroller. Did you see the response about strobing the enable pin in the other thread? That's how I would handle multiple displays. If there are other concerns, state them in detail.