Folding Space/Time

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
Interstellar Space Travel using a form of propulsion would not be viable given the vast distances between Star systems as well as the long time periods that would be needed to slowly accelerate a craft with a Human crew as accelerating too fast would kill the crew due to G-Force.

Plus the fact that since matter cannot be propelled at the speed of light or greater as well as such problems as Time Dilation and the crafts mass getting closer to infinite the higher it's velocity...as well as there does not appear to be any method of propulsion that would be capable of accelerating a craft to any viable velocity...Folding Space/Time would seem to be the answer.

Now one could say using a Wormhole would do the trick...even if it was possible to enter and exit a wormhole safely...we would only be able to travel to systems where a Wormhole would lead to as well the Wormhole would have to be close enough to Earth to get to in a timely fashion.

The only real and viable means of Interstellar Travel would be by Folding Space/Time. Now in theory a way to do this would be to generate a huge amount of energy to represent mass and by doing so and understanding the UFT...be able to have this huge amount of energy generate a Gravity Well of extreme warpeture.

Since a Matter/Antimatter reaction would be needed to generate such energy there still is not enough Antimatter existing in our Universe to create through the reaction enough energy to represent the required mass necessary to warp or Fold Space/Time to the extent to travel these Interstellar distances.

It has been said that to generate the energy required that Antimatter must react with a specific isotopes of Element 115 and there are 3 or 4 known isotopes of 115 but more are suggested to exist.

This reaction supposedly will create a Matter/Antimatter Energy Cascade existing in more than one Universal State thus allowing for a compounded level of energy generation. Some say that this 115 isotopes shows us a Strong Force of Gravity...as apposed to the Weak Force as Gravity tends to be called.

Now the last two paragraphs are un proven and unverified data but as far as Folding Space/Time to travel between solar systems...that would seem the only viable way to do this.

Split Infinity

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
If someone has healthy criticism or wants to bring up the errors in the OP's post, he's most welcome to do so.

Snarky remarks, on the other hand, are not.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
On a different tangent.

I am curious about one thing. What exactly does the poster of these fringe science 'facts' hope to accomplish by posting them in an electronics help forum? Does one ask their doctor about repairs on an automobile? Does a rational individual inquire of their accountant about the best sniper rifle to purchase? Where is the connection between these subjects and his obvious desire to be a part of an electronics discussion forum? We obviously do not have the requisite experience or background in this esoteric subject matter, so, what's up with that?

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
@SplitInfinity
We have discussed being a copycat and the use of refences before. As I understand you at least say you have academic background. So you should know all about not using others material as your own. And I will ad to that cross-posting. I had to smile then I found you had started a new thread. Using a replay to another as first post. In your thread about "Universal Groups within a Multiverse"
Many of your threads are not intended to start a discussion, but rather a monolog from your side. Intended to lecture the rest of the forum. Even if they do not directly violate any forum rules. They do not belong in a typical forum meant for discussing. I will therefor urge you. To from this point strongly consider using the blog section of this forum. Then you feel the need to publish some of "your" thinking and lecture us with it.

Last edited:

russ_hensel

Joined Jan 11, 2009
Kermit2 may be too nice. There is some science at the link, but there is also some stuff that is clearly junk. May be the Source of splits use of Capitalization in "Odd Places". His posts are not really questions and he seems more interested in argument than answers. This is not a nice thing to say, but still I think fair. In any case I will try to resist posting any more responses.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
If someone has healthy criticism or wants to bring up the errors in the OP's post, he's most welcome to do so.

Snarky remarks, on the other hand, are not.
So, in the meanwhile, Elerium 115 indeed has been discovered?

Interstellar Space Travel using a form of propulsion would not be viable given the vast distances between Star systems as well as the long time periods that would be needed to slowly accelerate a craft with a Human crew as accelerating too fast would kill the crew due to G-Force.

I have a quite dated SciFi book here from the 1970s by Ace books New York.

Tachyon drive is the key for that, converting the whole craft into Warp space. And back into realworld at the destionation.

It is really a quite qualified writeup, but what about the sources?

The problem with the post as with many others of the OP is they jump from one topic to the other, touching a lot of different topics. For sure they all have a loose connection, but even one of the topics is difficult enough.

I can't help it but to feel a bit like inside an Afghan Hashish house, where they really bring up many issues and the discussion hovers back and forth.

It is not effective for public internet forums.

Folding Space/Time

That is from Dune (Frank Herbert). Quite old story. Exists as book, movie, and there are even video games.

100% Science Fiction. But yet, another approach than to convert the spacecraft into Warp Space with a Tachyon Drive. Or Jump Space, more precisely.

We do not even have fusion power developed now.

It is like discussing Transistors, when we don't yet have invented the steam engine.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Apparently it is, "snarky" to ask why you are posting the work of other people, so I'll just say it: You're posting the work of other people without attributing it to the original author, and I consider that a "healthy criticism" of an "error" in your post.

Please respect the original author when posting his (her) work, even if it is pseudo-science or unadulterated balonium.

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
Since I got busy and did not have time to post the reason for the first post of this topic I will do so now.

If it is possible to generate the required amount of energy to fold Space/Time to an extent that Interstellar Travel could be accomplished the question I have and hope others here might be able to think about and possibly post possibilities upon is how to NAVIGATE or how would it be possible to Directionally generate such energy that a craft might FALL from one point to another.

Split Infinity

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
As a few have made reference that some of what I post about cannot currently be proven or the technology has not yet been developed I will reply as such.

There is much more going on in Heaven and Earth than many of you realize and their is science and technology that is and has been developed in the Private Sector usually funded my U.S. Defense and Intell. budgeted funding.

I am aware of some of this as I come from a Military Family as well as I was recruited right out of High School. Now some of you are thinking now...This is Bull! There is only what we have been taught and there exists only what we know!

For ANY of you to actually believe that is not only short sighted but goes against the HISTORY of secret defense spending and secret programs that once have come into the publics consciousness generate...My GOD! All these years and this was going on and existed.

Now I am not trying to say that we know how to Fold Space/Time but I will say that various groups and agencies within the U.S. Department of Defense, NASA, and a variety of 3 letter agencies are not only aware but are complicit in such things.

One area that I am aware of...High Tech. Energy Generation and within 18 months to 2 years some of this High Tech. will become public due to the issues of the FEL or Free Electron Laser. The FEL will be installed on every U.S. Carrier and Cruiser and the CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford...CVN-79 J.F.K....and CVN-80 Enterprise will be of the first to have the FEL. The original design and reactors were to be 2...A1B Fision Reactors on each Carrier. As the new Ford Class Carriers are to use Mag-Lev Catapults as well as use a much larger amount of electricity than the Nimitz Class and the two A1B Fision Reactors will not allow the proper powering of the FEL for Over the Horizon use by using a Satellite Reflective system that has Compound Movable Prism Targeting as standard Mirror Optics are vaporized upon contact by an FEL at high power.

My point is...my talking about such things as is the nature of this topic is not as Far Out there as most here think and besides...if all we talk about are the KNOWNS...how will anyone get the ideas to develop such things as well...what does it say about a group that does not take the risk of looking fringe in order to contemplate the Big Questions out there?

It would be like owning a Porsche and only and always traveling at 30 miles per hour.

Split Infinity

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
One of the problems I see with Folding Space/Time and traveling safely is keeping a craft from being destroyed when being effected by such a high level of Space/Time warpeture that is boardering on Singularity in order to fold Space/Time distances measured in multiple Light Years.

Now such Folding is not like people see on Star Trek a TV show where a craft is creating a Warp Bubble around it to travel. Folding Space/Time is like having a string of a certain length and at the end of each end of the string is a destination and by taking the two ends of the string and folding the length of the string to allow both ends to touch...the string represents Space/Time and by creating a Fold in it by the creation of Gravity...a craft would literally Travel without Moving between one point to another.

This ability created by the generation of a massive amount of Energy to represent mass...is just part of solving the problem of Interstellar Travel as Navigation is just as important.

Now as Folding Space/Time to such an extend would mean that simply generating this massive amount of energy directionally...as for the craft to FALL toward the created Gravity Well...is too small an effect for such Folding and a better understanding of Navigation through Fold Space/Time must be understood.

Split Infinity

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Actually a better understanding of Space/Time would be better. We are still debating the string theory vs. other thought, not to mention baines and multiple universes. We have a lot of theories, but no real facts to back them up. As we have experiments to cull them out we advance, but not until then.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It is unclear if travel at near relativistic speed is possible or if it is taking place at all.
Not to speak of breaking that barrier.

There have been projects in the 1950s to power a spacecraft by a series of small atomic explosions.

There have been plans for a nuclear powered plane.

Fusion experiments all focus on a very powerful laser and a large magnetic vessel to contain the reaction.

Humans still maintain religious belief and thought which as such can not be verified, fortified by science, reproduced, all the like.

On the other hand the masses are linked into a kind of one-way communication channel delivering canned entertainment.

The public education system is somehow ineffective.

Large areas of this world don't have access to clean water, and a toilet.

In the developed countries, employment, housing, and food supply are by no means guaranteed.

There is no unique currency, instead of that, US dollar often serves as that.

Only the internet has really started to change things and make life easier.

At first the domestic problems on this planet must be solved.

Put priority into that (to improve quality of life).

If humanity is continuing like that, soon the oil reserves will run out.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Split Infinity
This is from the first post in this thread. The question I have, and I admit I know next to nothing of the subject, just where is this killing gravity coming from in space? Once clear of Earth's gravity, how will there be any perception of speed? Unless you look at distant objects, and that would have know bodily effect, except maybe a psychological one.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
This is from the first post in this thread. The question I have, and I admit I know next to nothing of the subject, just where is this killing gravity coming from in space? Once clear of Earth's gravity, how will there be any perception of speed? Unless you look at distant objects, and that would have know bodily effect, except maybe a psychological one.
Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UEYxf4fl_A

The force on the "test" pilot is not from the earths gravity, it's from the mass of the pilot and the change in velocity from one movement to the next in time (Kinetic energy).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
Actually a better understanding of Space/Time would be better. We are still debating the string theory vs. other thought, not to mention baines and multiple universes. We have a lot of theories, but no real facts to back them up. As we have experiments to cull them out we advance, but not until then.
Well Bill...there are alot of things we do not fully understand that we have developed technology from such as Cell Phones as to do with Quantum Mechanics.

Still...I agree with you in that it would be nice if we could figure out exactly what is our Universal Space/Time Dimensionality as well...what is Dark Matter and Dark Energy.

The fact remains that there are hundreds of Ulrta-High Tech. programs and research going on all over the world and there is no other place in this world that has a greater number of such programs than the United States.

Interviews with the former Chairman of Lockheed Martin now just Lockheed...has detailed certain experimental propulsion being used to power Stealth Blimps, Hypersonic Ordnance Delivery Systems that can hit any target World Wide with absolute precision in a matter of minutes as well as Antimatter Research that is very secret given the potential for disaster.

Split Infinity

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
It is unclear if travel at near relativistic speed is possible or if it is taking place at all.
Not to speak of breaking that barrier.

There have been projects in the 1950s to power a spacecraft by a series of small atomic explosions.

There have been plans for a nuclear powered plane.

Fusion experiments all focus on a very powerful laser and a large magnetic vessel to contain the reaction.

Humans still maintain religious belief and thought which as such can not be verified, fortified by science, reproduced, all the like.

On the other hand the masses are linked into a kind of one-way communication channel delivering canned entertainment.

The public education system is somehow ineffective.

Large areas of this world don't have access to clean water, and a toilet.

In the developed countries, employment, housing, and food supply are by no means guaranteed.

There is no unique currency, instead of that, US dollar often serves as that.

Only the internet has really started to change things and make life easier.

At first the domestic problems on this planet must be solved.

Put priority into that (to improve quality of life).

If humanity is continuing like that, soon the oil reserves will run out.
Experimentation and development of High Tech. Energy Generation systems are the answer to solving every issue you have listed here.

When our energy problems are solved...so is solved just about everything else.

Split Infinity