Flyback design

Daniel_p

Joined Mar 31, 2010
thanks a lot for the response!

that's correct! I'm trying to recover the energy transferred to the capacitor.
I think using this configuration we can reduce the power, dissipated during the process of charging and discharging a capacitive load in compare to configurations based on analogue power amplifiers(which use two MOSFETs , one of them for charging and the other for discharging the capacitor)

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Nope.

In the patented circuit, they have two primaries, two secondaries, and two tertiary windings. The tertiary windings use traditional diodes. The secondaries use MOSFET switches.

But I don't know what you're going to do, as you are trying to make the secondary perform double-duty instead of using tertiary windings.

Daniel_p

Joined Mar 31, 2010
Nope.

In the patented circuit, they have two primaries, two secondaries, and two tertiary windings. The tertiary windings use traditional diodes. The secondaries use MOSFET switches.

But I don't know what you're going to do, as you are trying to make the secondary perform double-duty instead of using tertiary windings.
referring to the picture posted, I have just one primary and one secondary. All I need is a switch in the secondary (shown in picture as a box labelled with switch) which can conduct in both directions(because of charging and discharging) and may be turned off when required.

I really appriciate your help!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Well, a DIAC will conduct in both directions, and is easily turned on. However, current flow must reach nearly zero before it will turn off.

I don't have an answer for you.

Daniel_p

Joined Mar 31, 2010
Well, a DIAC will conduct in both directions, and is easily turned on. However, current flow must reach nearly zero before it will turn off.

I don't have an answer for you.
the switch in the primary toggles sucessively after turning off this BOX-switch(DIAC or another device), therefore a DIAC can't be used because the voltage on the secondary winding(with changing polarity) can turn the DIAC on(when it supposed to be off).

By using a SCR I encounter the following questions
1-is it possible to hold SCR in OFF mode while the rate of voltages on the secondary winding is high(high voltage rate may turns the SCR ON, without being triggered)
2-I must trigger the SCRs many times during charging or discharging period because they are OFF as soon as the current flowing through gets near zero(I need a path always closed durind charging and discharging phase).
in other words charging and discharging is performed by sucessive toggling of the primary or the secondary switch, that means for instance , during charging phase, each time the primary switch toggles, the SCR must be triggered to, because it turnes OFF when the secondary current goes to zero( and this happens each time the primary switch toggles).

Thank you very much for your efforts

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You can use a uC to monitor the voltages WHEREVER you want and when they reach the levels that you are interested in switching whatever, mosfet on or off, or even cut the power to the diac for long enough to trun it off. you could do that.
I am having a problem figuring WHY. But as long as you know...

I have a feeling you are chasing your tail. I see what you want to do, but I dont see why you want to do it the way you are.

Daniel_p

Joined Mar 31, 2010
You can use a uC to monitor the voltages WHEREVER you want and when they reach the levels that you are interested in switching whatever, mosfet on or off, or even cut the power to the diac for long enough to trun it off. you could do that.
I am having a problem figuring WHY. But as long as you know...

I have a feeling you are chasing your tail. I see what you want to do, but I dont see why you want to do it the way you are.
thanx for the response!
that's correct, I can use UC, what I'm actually doing, but which device can fulfil the requirements already posted?
Do you have any Idea?Can I do it in a better way?