Flyback dc to dc converter switching frequency

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by JMS026, Oct 1, 2015.

1. JMS026

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Hello friends, I am working on a project where I used flyback dc to dc converter to power up all circuit components.
    My issue is related to switching frequency. When I use 100KHz switching frequency(using TOP Switch) my circuit works properly but when I switch to 400KHz (using DPA switch) the issue of noise interference in secondary side is started.

Is there any trend to use special filter capacitor/inductor at special locations to avoid primary sided noise from coupling with secondary sided circuit?

2. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    Hard to advise you without a schematic of your circuit.

3. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Sounds like harmonic distortion, lets have a circuit diagram please...

JMS026 likes this.
  4. Roderick Young

Feb 22, 2015
    Do you have a schematic? Is there a snubber on your switch?

5. DickCappels

Aug 21, 2008
    Yes, there are three-legged filters to clean up very high frequency noise.

Yes, your schematic is important.

Do you know how the noise gets from the power supply primary to the circuit that is experiencing the interference? There are many possible paths besides through the rectifier on the transformer's output and the higher the frequency the more significant these sneak paths become (magnetic induction of the signal into the chassis, capacitive coupling of high dv/dt electric fields, ground loops, etc.

JMS026 likes this.
  6. JMS026

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Thank you all of you for your interest. I'm attaching schematic diagram for reference.