Flip Flop?

lostinthesauce

Joined Jan 8, 2011
HELP!!!!
I am new here, and have a project to do in a few weeks. I am building a homemade alarm system, and in order to program the codes for the alarm on/off, I need to hook a keypad to GAL 16 V8. The GAL will control the rest of the alarm, but I need to hook the JK FlipFlop to hold the numbers pressed until the GAL can use them. Unless you can help me find another way, I will have to use two of them in series to: 1. select the number, 2. hold the number until it is needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
All versions of the GAL 16V8 have been discontinued.
http://www.latticesemi.com/lit/docs...essionid=f030e04277a5022ac9393b13351d1d665a70

You had better consider a newer design, or you will probably have a very hard time acquiring them (obsolete components get very expensive, very quickly.)
we currently program a PAL10 chip as a GAL because of that very fact. The PAL chips are available, but you need a programmer that can do the PAL to GAL programming conversion.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You need to latch the number until cleared or used?

There is no reason you cant use a flip flop.

An AND gate can re-set the flip-flop once the "accepted" signal is raised, by using that and the flip-flops output as inputs into the AND.