Flip-Flop Dual Mosfet Driver

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by dkmac, Nov 8, 2013.

1. dkmac

Thread Starter Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Good afternoon,
    I am currently working on a project with a friend where I am trying to build a circuit that will operate two MOSFETS out of phase of one another. What I am trying to accomplish is to have (for example) MOSFET "A" on while MOSFET "B" is off and have MOSFET "B" turn on the moment that MOSFET "A" turns of and for this cycle continue for an indefinite amount of time. Thus far I have been able to construct a circuit that that has only one adjustable PWM output, however I am having a problem on trying to both learn and use the single output to split into two separate outputs that will drive two N MOSFETS in the manner that I have explained above. Basically I am thinking that I am looking for a device that will take this output and drive two or more MOSFETS in a flip-flop manner. The purpose of this circuit is to drive a dc motor that we have built from scratch. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and take care.

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Simple small Mosfet or transistor invertor between output and one power Mosfet?
    Max.

3. dkmac

Thread Starter Member

Jul 11, 2013
    You wouldn't happen to have a drawing to help explain that so that I can better understand it? Also is ther a particular component that can take the single input AMD split it into two seperate signals? Sorry for the questions, I am still trying to learn as I go. I want to know exactly how everything works as I built it for better understanding. Thank you for you help.

4. Experimentonomen

Feb 16, 2011
    An IR2153 maybe, its a halfbridge driver with built in NE555 like oscillator, but it also works wired as a dual low side mosfet driver.

5. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    I'm not sure what is your input signal, but maybe this is the way that you can using CD4013 input from clk, and D connecting to /Q, then you got two output Q and /Q from one input.

The Q and /Q output connecting to g of two Ntype mosfets, but some other things that you should care about is Vgs<=12V is better as following circuit.

[​IMG]

6. dkmac

Thread Starter Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Thank you for the reply, I am using 12vdc for my circuit Vcc and it uses both a CMOS555 and a comparitor, which is currently providing my signal. Originally, this signal was operating 1 N MOSFET, but now I need it to power two N MOSFETs at opposite cycles. I will study what you.wrote and see if I can figure it out, I am having a little trouble understanding how it provides two opposite signals from one own signal. Thank you and take care.

7. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    The CD4013 used as below, the output are Q and /Q.
    [​IMG]